Timing and results?

Options
jessikabrook
jessikabrook Posts: 45 Member
So I started strong curves [again] these past couple weeks and am enjoying how its going. I just had 2 questions that I wanted to compare answers on with others who have done the programme?

1. How long does it take you to complete your workout?
2. How long did it take you to see results?

Because I feel like I'm smashing through it or maybe doing something wrong because its over in 25-35 minutes, and like I can see results already but i cant quite tell hahaha!

Replies

• Kimsied
    Kimsied Posts: 232
    Options
    I'm on week three. I've already seen slight results--my bum seems rounder and higher. I mainly notice a difference where my low back and bum meet. I keep catching a glimpse in the mirror. Of course I am probably looking there so it may not yet be noticeable to others.

How long? Yesterday I was able to complete just the workout (3 sets of each exercise) 1:A in 35 minutes, but my total workout time including the foam rolling, warmup, and cool down stretches was longer. I add on some upper body physical therapy exercises to my warmup so it is hard to say how long the program as written would take me (I had a shoulder injury last year, and like to keep up on the PT exercises in hopes of preventing a reoccurrence). I do the static stretches after as I don't really like to stretch during warmups. I think doing the warmup as written plus the workout would probably take me about 45-50 minutes. So far, I always add either weight or reps each workout, the suggested rep range is kind of large. With the bodyweight work, I am up to 20 (which I think was upper end of the range) so I do them very slow for at least half the reps then I really feel the muscles trembling. I also try to, as advised really feel the stretch on the eccentric (lowering) part and really squeeze the working muscle on the concentric contraction (shortening). I am not sure whether I am doing some of the exercises correctly either--it is hard to say exercising at home.
  • krispy1982
    krispy1982 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ya it takes me about 30 minutes or so too. Longer when I warm up and stretch properly. If I time my rests it takes longer, if I'm lazy and don't it's faster.

I started at week 5 in the beginner one and about a week ago I started the advanced. I think I can absolutely see results. The last week or so I've started to notice my arms and legs look 'buff' even when I'm not flexing, so that's pretty cool! Not my middle of course, but still it's a start !