Week 1 check in, update, support

Options
Momto4minions
Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
Week 1. If this is a new plan, you may be starting off really strong! If this is a continuation, or coming back to logging and being healthy, it may be more solid resolve.

Where are you? What is your goal? What do you hope to get from a group challenge?

I am about 15 lbs from my goal weight. Right now, my goal is to maintain this weight. I am doing tis for a few reasons. I dont want to be discouraged trying to lose weight while my husband is doing chemo. I also want to give my body time to adjust to the 30 lbs I have lost. I really do not want to yo yo! I wanted to continue to be part of a challenge, so that I feel the social support and the responsibility of checking in. If I missed weighing in, I would know my little box on the screen blank and all of you would know it!

Replies

• maisiecm
    maisiecm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have stayed the same for the past 6 months as have been busy adjusting to a new job and juggling family so decided to put the diet on hold for a while. Glad to have maintained during that time as I must have worked out the right intake/outgoing for me however I need to lose about another 4.5 stone.

So kick start this week with counting calories and drinking loads more water. Realistically though I am on holiday until Tuesday so this first week is probably not going to be good but once I am back at work I will be able to count easily, and more likely to see a loss in week 2.
  • 5MommaJ
    5MommaJ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Like mom to minions I do well with the accountability of checking in weekly putting my weight into the little box. This year I have set a resolve. Thus far I have done well losing 25 pounds with about 17 to go before i assess where I am at and where I want to be.

Even with the 25 pound loss I have not yet convinced myself it's real. My co-worker and I are on tandem weight loss journey's she often has to remind me to celebrate the little or big success. I get focused on where I am going and forget to look at where I am or have been.

So my plan is to keep keeping on and learning portion size and stick to itness. I hope to gain from a group challenge the accountability of checking in each week and I am often encouraged as others share their struggles and successes to know that I am not the only one that struggles with keeping with it. Ain't nothing come easy but it's going.

Also today a person I see infrequently noticed I had lost weight. That is a success! It is starting to show up on my body. It's not all make believe. Yahoo.
  • Momto4minions
    Options
    Tomorrow is weigh in Wednesday!
    No matter what, log it. A gain, a loss, the same; all needs to be there so that you can compare it and see where you went right or wrong.
  • maisiecm
    Options
    Hi

Looks like I am first to weigh in or maybe I have posted on the wrong thread. Stayed the same this week but expected that as I have been out with friends, entertaining and having been on holiday for the past two weeks just generally letting my hair down as far as healthy eating and exercise go. However I have been back in earnest and counting the cals from yesterday so aiming for a loss next week. Have also been upping my fluid intake and now need to seriously look at some form of exercise that I might enjoy.
  • courtneysmith96
    courtneysmith96 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Went up a little but I'm assuming that's due to yesterday's unusually high intake and panic attack. Carrying around a 32 oz water bottle with me around the house and a more normal sized bottle with me outside of the house to keep me more hydrated in this next week. I know this'll help. I'm also going to make more time to exercise this weekend and this upcoming week.
  • Momto4minions
    Options
    My weightt ends to fluctuate a few lbs here and there. Water is a big key for me. If I dont drink, I retain and my weight goes up. Drinking good amounts of water and eating the same cals, can make me lose weight.

I know my written goal is to maintain, but boy would I love to see the 160s, so I am logging diligently and letting my slight restriction take its course
  • Shandyism
    Shandyism Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My weight tends to fluctuate by a few pounds, too, so it's hard for me to tell if a "loss" is actually a loss. I guess it just depends if it keeps trending in the right direction.

Out of curiosity, how many calories are you aiming for per day? On the app my goal is 1,450 (based on the stuff I input, etc.). Is that low or high? Just curious to see how it stacks up.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone -

Just checking in. As usual, my weight is up/down every day by about 1.5lbs. Today is an up day unfortunately. But I'm trying to be super active and see if I can get that number down. I'm close to hitting the 150's - a number I havent seen since 2004. Hopefully this will be the week :)
  • cherries12345
    cherries12345 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 pounds in just one week!! How is that even possible?! Nothing fits me anymore! I'm actually afraid to start dressing in the mornings now and I'm NOT looking forward to the summer and facing my family that live out of state and haven't seen me in a while.
  • maisiecm
    Options
    Finally off the starting blocks. Have been recording most days but definitely need to be more disciplined in this if I want to achieve my goal. Water consumption is going well so have managed t o change one thing. This weeks goal is to record the whole week on MFP.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good for you maisie! I am like you - if I log, I lose :) Definitely keeps me more aware of what I am eating, and sometimes even makes me put that cookie back, so I dont have to admit to it :wink: