NSV

Options

Replies

• Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I was able to get into a pair of jeans that I was unable to get on earlier this year!!
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    RebaMae, you are making some splendid progress! Good on ya!
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,666 Member
    Options
    Those are all great NSVs!! Congrats!

I have a part NSV, part sad sad realization. I was looking at my progress pictures yesterday and I noticed I'm getting quite the bah-dunk-a-dunk! and my belly has gotten much much smaller! but my boobs... sigh... may they rest in peace. (though I will admit that I obviously noticed my lack of boobage a few months back)
  • Rebamae
    Options
    RebaMae, you are making some splendid progress! Good on ya!

Thank you!! That is such encouragement
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    NSV for me today! Double PRs.... 145 lbs in dead lifts and 10:00/mile in running. :bigsmile:
  • katimorris87
    katimorris87 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just had to put my wedding rings on my middle finger. They're no longer safe on the ring finger, too loose!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Today at a big program meeting I was told in a gentle way that traditionally when people lose significant weight they go buy new pants that fit--pants that are too large bunch up in the back. :bigsmile:
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Just had to put my wedding rings on my middle finger. They're no longer safe on the ring finger, too loose!

Congrats on the NSV and for using "loose" correctly.

**a member of the grammar police**
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Today at a big program meeting I was told in a gentle way that traditionally when people lose significant weight they go buy new pants that fit--pants that are too large bunch up in the back. :bigsmile:

:laugh: You really need to buy a few pairs of new pants, at least for those "big" meetings. Just feel lucky you can likely get away with a half a dozen items. I need just that many short sleeve blouses as it is obvious when women only have 3 pairs of pants and 3 oxford shirts. :wink:
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options

I totally feel for you man! I've spent tons of money on new clothing and I'm not nearly done. You know it's bad when your kids don't let you out of the house with "that pants". My son told me yesterday I look like a kid wearing his daddy's jacket. The bright side is that I get to shop the regular sections of the store rather than only going to B&T shops.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Had a nice NSV on Sunday. I went with my wife to a bike shop to get myself a decent bike. My wife instinctively asked the sales rep if the bike was good for my weight (I guess that's been the first question for so many years). The guy gives her a blank look and says "If it can support me, it's definitely good for him". And he wasn't fat.
    Felt very good!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Had a nice NSV on Sunday. I went with my wife to a bike shop to get myself a decent bike. My wife instinctively asked the sales rep if the bike was good for my weight (I guess that's been the first question for so many years). The guy gives her a blank look and says "If it can support me, it's definitely good for him". And he wasn't fat.
    Felt very good!

LOL! That is great--not exceeding the design load specs on most any device whether it be bicycle or Ferris Wheel car is always a good feeling. Perhaps the Mrs will begin to break her old habits soon.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options

hahah didn't they know you were starting a new fashion trend?
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I finally am down to a lower bounce bracket and I am walking at a faster pace. Today I actually jogged a little. It was just for a moment, but It made me think "wow, this is cool".
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Had to get rid of some pants I had brought with me as they are way too long now. :)

Having 6 new bespoke suits made for me before I go back. Unfortunately here, I am still fat and people don't hesitate to tell you that. Yeah a US size 6 is considered large here.
  • KMasz
    KMasz Posts: 2,666 Member
    Options
    I went shopping yesterday for the first time in many months & I'm not sure if the store I was shopping in carries vanity sizes or not. Anyways, I was looking around and found a couple tops I liked, I went for the medium in one, and the other had small as their largest size, so i figured why not, I'll try it to see how it looks. Then when I was looking for shorts, it was a similar situation. The last time I bought pants I was a size 8-9, but no luck with finding that. I decided to try a 6-7, again not expecting it to fit but figured I'd give it a shot. All of it was TOO BIG! I was so shocked! I returned to the racks and picked up an xtra small, and size 4 pants, and to my surprise they were a perfect fit!

Sometimes I get so caught up in the details, day to day, and week to week... am I staying within my calories? am I eating too much? am I eating too little? where's my average sweet spot? oh man, what about my macros? have I done my exercise minimums for the week? can I fit in more exercise here? how much cardio vs how much strength training? the list goes on... but I've come a long way in the past year, and it's so exciting to see myself come from a size 12 / large, to a size 4 / xtra small (which I know is all vain, but it helps my confidence) and on top of that I feel so much better than I did before, both physically and mentally. I can run further and faster. I can lift heavier... I actually picked up my 200 lb boyfriend and carried him around my house yesterday lol.

I just wanted to share this all with you. Have a great Thursday!! :drinker:
  • katimorris87
    katimorris87 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It is SO easy to get caught up in the numbers and what you are supposed to do, so I applaud you for taking a step back and looking at the big picture. You have come a LONG way and made amazing progress. Great job!!
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm going to have to give in and go shopping for smaller jeans this weekend. I can't keep 'em up and I keep tripping over the pant legs. So before I hurt myself, I better get some new ones. I've put it off long enough.:laugh:

I'm also thinking about getting a bike, but I don't know if I can bend my knee far enough to pedal it. I'll have to see if I can try somebody's out first.
  • Rebamae
    Options
    I am sooo excited!
    I walked 1.5 miles just now. That is the furthest I have walked in a very long time!
    THANK YOU friends for giving me the encouragement to do this!!