Does anyone find it hard to eat enough

Options
guardianwill
guardianwill Posts: 54 Member
Greetings all, I am not too far away from reaching my own personal goal of 145 after RNY surgery 7 months out. Am wondering, does anyone find it hard to eat enough to maintain their weight? I am still feeling full most of the time and not hungry at all and get overly stuffed if I eat more than 4 oz or so of food.

Thanks....

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting so close to your goal, well done! I am not close to maintenance, but I am about 6 1/2 months out and I still get full really easily. I usually have to eat small amounts about 5 times a day just so I can get in my protein. I generally eat about 750 calories a day. When I saw my surgeon last week he said if I feel satisfied and I am getting in my protein it's ok, but he does want me to start working towards 3 meals a day. That will be a challenge! Transitioning into maintenance would probably be a good time to see your nutritionist again and get advice on how you can tweak your diet to support that new phase.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yes. Especially in the beginning. The advice from my medical team was to add high protein snacks to my diet. In the beginning I HAD to do it to get my calories above 500. Today, at 6 months, if I'm hungry between 9 and 10, or between 2 and 3, I eat a snack, (cheese stick, yogurt, Quest bar, etc.) if not, I don't. I'm getting enough with meals and protein supplements to hit at least 1000 calories per day now so I worry about it less. One thing I do know is that when I get busy, I eat WAY less. Makes it vitally important to food journal EVERYTHING.
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Adding high protein snacks to regular food has helped my inch my calories back up to aroung 2000 a day. While that seems high my metabolic baseline (at sedentary) is 1790 to lose 1 pund per week. Adding in exercise (FitBit) requires I eat back some of the calories. I am 7 months out and at 197 pounds am less than 10 pounds away from my goal. At 34" I have hot my waistline goal.