What workouts/exercise programs are you doing?

Options

Replies

• dekadai
    dekadai Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Tae Bo and exercises from Fitness Blender. I rotate them monthly. I tried Jillian Micheals, but there's so much jumping and I have a bad knee and had to quit,
  • arlenejoneswilson
    arlenejoneswilson Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do spinning 2-3 times a week, and strength training (Cybex machines or Nautilus). I have added in TRX, on. A trial basis, once a week and HIIT( core Conditioning ) class for 30 minutes once a week. Saturdays, when I can, is Zumba. I need to up my cardio to one hour-- that is my challenge.

In they office, I have starts to use the Standing Desk-- it's a mild, passive form of exercise, but it makes a difference to the bottom line of calories burned per day.
  • Howie3123
    Howie3123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been doing T25. I am currently on week 2 of Beta (starting today).

I also am doing (started yesterday) a 100 day fitness challenge. Basic premise is that you work out for 100 days in a row. My end date is Sept 9th.

I also am starting C25K today.

I know it will be a challenge especially since I am getting ready to move out of state. Working out is a big stress reliever for me so this will be good.
  • Kenyaroja
    Kenyaroja Posts: 10
    Options
    Well, I have tried to start slim in 6 and Leslie sansone's walking videos, but I just cannot stick to anything! Going to join local planet fitness for $10 a month on Friday. I went with a friend one day and liked it! Planning on doing a 30/30/30 workout--30 min of wgt loss program on treadmill, 30 min of their cardio circuit, and 30 min of their an circuit. Came up with that myself lol!
  • ccjohnso
    ccjohnso Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    great post!
  • ccjohnso
    ccjohnso Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How is turbo fire? I love turbo Jam and it is really fun, I've wanted to do the turbo fire series for some time now, but because I have a bad back, I'm a little scared of it....
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is really fun. I didn't get the results I wanted I think because I wasn't eating the right amount of calories. I'm going to do it again later this year or early next.
  • desyreme1
    desyreme1 Posts: 8
    Options
    I just started Brazil Butt Lift and I really like it. I have an ample rear, but I would like to make it mite firm.

Any suggestions for a full body weight lifting routine? Lifting is the key to weight loss!
  • Journeygirl
    Journeygirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm doing DailyBurn.com's Beginner's track. I walk on the treadmill 5 days a week for 30 mins. and do weights 3 times a week.
  • naturallee_me
    naturallee_me Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When I am not on my stationary bike. I usually try to do a HIIT workout every other day.

Here are the Hit Workouts:

http://neilarey.com/workouts.html
    http://neilarey.com/programs/30-days-of-hiit.html

I also strength train every other day including using weights, yoga, yogalates, and body weight resistance. If my HIIT workout is short than sometimes I do strength training with free weights afterwards.

I am currently on day 16 of 30-day Ab Challenge with a group of MFP friends.

http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/30-day-abs-challenge/
  • NettaB25
    NettaB25 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I currently doing T25 I'm on week one of the Alpha cycle.
    I go to the gym on the weekends
  • MrsMichel
    MrsMichel Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I just started doing Jiliian Michaels 30 day shred. level 1, Day 3. I'm thinking about adding some extra cardio into it.
  • Flgrl1973
    Flgrl1973 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop abs, Zumba and Tennis on the Wii, I also walk.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 2 of 30DS. Instead of trying to do a TF hybrid, I've just been doing Leslie Sansone walking DVDs twice a week. I love them! I wanted to start walking again but I'm over my treadmill and I don't really want to walk around outside.
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Recently started doing Wii Fit Exerbeat and Wii Fit Active for 30 - 45 minutes a day at least 4 days a week. Will also do 30 - 45 minutes on my Jillian Michaels Body Shop which is similar to a Total Gym twice a week for my strength training.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    A lot of great ideas for workouts. I can't wait for my legs to heal enough for me to get back into doing routines. Maybe I'll try to Wall Sit now.

MzNurse6870 and shemeka103: How do you like Hip Hop Abs? Are there a lot of knee lifts and squats? That's the parts of Focus T25 that was kicking my butt.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Focus T25. I love it so far! I'm on Week 1 of the Beta Series (Week 6 overall). I've lost about 12 lbs so far and I'm loving the way I feel. I did Beta Rip't Circuit this morning and MY GOODNESS do I feel it! I feel like I can run a marathon and my butt is super sore! LOL It hurts soooooo good!
  • ATyghter
    ATyghter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing a mix of things. I'm a teacher so my routine is a lot different now that I'm off than it was when I was working

I run every morning for 15 minutes on the treadmill at home and then do a few kettle bell swings for 5 min or so (did this while working as well).

My toddler goes to toddler "camp" for the morning so right after my husband takes her in, I do T25 which I've loved since I got my hands on it.

I walk to pick her up at 11:30 a.m. and then we head to my mum's for a swim.

That's usually all I can muster although my husband and I have been trying to start PiYo at night for a few days now, it just hasn't caught on...
  • arlenejoneswilson
    arlenejoneswilson Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also added C25K-- I have started week 3-- and I did not die...:heart:

Also tried my first Qi:blushing: Gong Meditation Class-- we will see if I continue with that...
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    It's good to see the many different styles of exercise going on among group members.

I tend to change up my routine regularly. On June 22, I started experimenting with a bodyweight exercise routine. It includes variations of the squat, lunges, push-up, chin-up/pull-up, and plank. It also includes the burpee and the bird dog….lol. Taking a short break from the dumbbells...will see how long this break last...lol. The bodyweight routine is scheduled for M-W-F. Cardio scheduled for Tu-Th.