What to do about special occasions?

Options
sbf2014
sbf2014 Posts: 8 Member
Hi Everyone,
I'm just wondering how everyone handles eating/staying on track at special occasions. I have a bridal shower to go to this weekend and know there will be a ton of food, probably high calorie. I tend to always over eat at events like this and I'm wondering how others keep themselves from over eating.

Thanks!

Replies

• adopp062715
    adopp062715 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Stick to one plate. That will help a lot. And slow down your eating (if you eat fast) so that you really taste your food. Also maybe have something high in protein before you go to the event. That way you aren't starving when you get there. If you plan on having dessert make sure you only have one dessert, not one of everything. And make sure you really really really want it. Make it worth it. Also try to fit a work out in before or after which will allow you to have a little bit more.
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I agree these are tough situations indeed. For me, it's an all or nothing choice. If I indulge in one little bite, then it's all over for me and I will most likely overindulge. I suggest that you eat something healthy before the shower. Then when everyone else is fixing their plates, go to the drink table and get a yummy drink. Forgo the plate!! And when other guests ask you why, you can be honest and say that you really don't need the junk, which will result in lots of negative feedback that you DON'T need... Or you can say that you have a sore throat and this drink feels sooooo good to it! :) Just one drink tho!