Breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Adding an hardboiled egg to my usual routine seemed to work yesterday :) I probably needed some extra fat. i still struggled a bit towards the end of my workout but no energy crash. I will try all your lovely ideas! The breakfast culture here is pretty much "pastry or cookies or GTFO", I LOVE pastry and cookies but I need something more nutritious to fuel my workouts :-) thanks!
  • CHSegl
    CHSegl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Easy to eat breakfast sandwich- toast whole grain bread (or not) add a good smear of peanut butter (or any nut butter) and sprinkle on dried fruit of your choice. I like raisins or dried cherries.

And if you don't eat bacon, I'm all for it- more for me!!! :)
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast around 7:30 to 8 and workout at 10 am.

My daily breakfast is 2 eggs fried with runny yolks and a bit of S&P cooked with no oil in a nonstick skillet and 1/2 cup of dry rolled oat cooked with 1 cup water topped with 1-2T sugar blackberry jam and a cup or two of black coffee.

I am definitely a breakfast person and am literally sick by 9am if I don't eat soon after getting up. There's no way I could workout on an empty stomach.
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is a veggie and cheese omelet (3 egg whites, 1 whole egg since I don't love yolks) with a slice of toast w/ butter and lots of coffee. But, I get up at 4:30am to workout at 5am, so I actually workout in a fasted state and eat later. It's what works for my schedule. :shrugs:
  • LadyDeadlift
    LadyDeadlift Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Jerky and almonds. Ready to drink protein shake (I like EAS Advantedge), leftovers from dinner. Cottage cheese. Apple slices with some nut butter. Coffee with a hearty serving of cream.

I'm also not much of a breakfast food person.

Lately - I just eat two lunches. I make 10 lunches into little kits every Sunday and if my hubs doesn't need a full share for himself, I just eat the extras at breakfast.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My other breakfast go-to is a sandwich. Meat + cheese + bread. Done.
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My pre-workout snack, no matter the time of day, is dairy heavy, but works like a charm for me.

125g of cottage cheese (I use 2%)
    175g of greek yogurt (I use 2%)
    100g of raspberries or blackberries
    dash of cinnamon

Comes in at ~300 calories, 33g of protein, 8g of fat, 26g of carbs, 9g of fiber, and 567mg of sodium, and you can make it the night before and refrigerate it until you want to eat it.

I don't typically make breakfast, but I also do an egg, cheese, spinach and bell pepper omelette that's super tasty when I do eat breakfast.