How are you doing on the starch solution?

Options
PurpleZeal
PurpleZeal Posts: 15 Member
Hello, I could use some support following this lifestyle. I wonder why there are so few people on this board. I have tried (off and on) the starch solution and McDougall plan. I ALWAYS feel better, and my numbers go down except for one - my weight. Is anyone having luck losing weight? I am short so I don't know if I need to count calories - but one of the things that appealed to me about this diet is that you didn't have to restrict your portions. Dr. McDougall has been around for years, so I wonder why there are so few people on this group.

Replies

• holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It definitely helps me lose, but I'm terrible at sticking to it.

The vegan part is no problem, but I love cooking and baking, and I do use oil from time to time.
  • LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I did this diet once before and also did the Ultimate Reset which is about the same just they let you use some oil. This one does not. If you have trouble losing weight, I suggest you keep an eye on your calories and of course try upping your exercises. This should help. I do feel better on these diets because I don't get heartburn on it. Which is a great relief.
  • PurpleZeal
    Options
    I do feel better on these diets because I don't get heartburn on it. Which is a great relief.

Oh, totally, my acid reflux disappeared immediately after starting this diet.
  • PurpleZeal
    Options
    I am realizing even though Dr. McDougall says you don't have to count calories and you can eat as much as you want, that simply is not true for me.(maybe because I am so short). I do have to count calories or I can't lose. I can eat like nobody's business! -hah! I am currently on the McDougall Maximum weight loss- it's harder because I have to shove a lot of veggies down my throat, but it sure makes me feel good - and lighter. :smile: