Changing up my diet

Options
gailrobards
gailrobards Posts: 10 Member
I met with my trainer today and had her go over my diary because I've been working out 6 days a week for 3 weeks now and have not lost a lb. I can tell that I am toning up, which is good, otherwise I'd be really depressed because I have not lost a lb.
After looking at my diary, she changed up the settings, increasing my calories, lowering my carbs and upping my fat and protein.
So......looks like I need to make some changes to my routine, which I am willing to do, but am a bit concerned because I was
diagnosed with kidney disease a few years ago and my kidneys work at about half their function. Too much protein sometimes
makes me feel sluggish so I will just need to see how my body feels with this "new diet". I've dieted so much over the years and have always cut calories and fat to do so.......so this is counter intuitive for me. So long, Oatmeal, hello egg whites!!! :-/

Replies

• ultrafishboy
    ultrafishboy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Drinking lots of water helps the kidneys.
  • Kukenan
    Kukenan Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi! Does your trainer now about your kidney problem? maybe try to make the changes slowly and not bump up the protein suddenly. That way you can monitor how you are feeling and stop before you feel sluggish.