May 2014 Who's in?

Options
2»

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My name's Michelle and I am gonna aim for 150 miles, according to my Fitbit. Last month I got up to 132 miles, the most in one month's time for me!
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    This month will be a little different for me. I've only been using info from official hikes these last couple of months. I'll be in Mexico attending Spanish classes in May. I'm going to use my Fitbit and count whatever walking I get in. I think this will give me motivation to get more steps in than I might without the challenge. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Right, well I'm ending April 10.2 miles short of 100 :sad: , but that's because I was silly and lazy over the kids' break at Easter :grumble: . In May I will make 100 miles and I will lose at least 3.2lbs to get to my first weight goal of 170lbs (from 186lb at New Year). My goal is in sight and I will achieve it!!!
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    hi :o)

i'm a newbie and in for 100 miles

exercise.png
  • vhines57
    vhines57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!

I'm Valerie and I average about 4 miles a day 4 or 5 days a week. I', joining to make sure I walk every day!

First Month for me and I'm shooting for 120 miles in May :)
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Definitely in!! I couldn't post as much the last couple of weeks cos of college but I still hit my target!! 110 miles for May. Bring it on :)
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm tracking steps so at 10,000 steps a day times 31 days = 310,000 steps. That seems like a lot. But every journey starts with that first step so I'm off to walk with the dog.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    May is here! Log your progress here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1264873-may-2014-week-1-thursday-1st-to-wednesday-7th
    Doesn't matter if you log daily, weekly or at the end of the month, but let's get moving!
  • lennyfitz77
    lennyfitz77 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    First timer! I'm in!
  • prawny1967
    prawny1967 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dawn. A first timer who is going to aim to walk 100 miles. I was running 5k three times a week but an injury means I have had to cut my running right back so I need an incentive to keep walking. I am increasing my running a bit too but will just be tracking my proper walks using Mapmywalk.
  • angieshubin
    angieshubin Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! First timer and I'll set my goal at 100 miles. I reached almost 50 miles in April so this seems fairly possible for me.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Right, well I'm ending April 10.2 miles short of 100 :sad: , but that's because I was silly and lazy over the kids' break at Easter :grumble: . In May I will make 100 miles and I will lose at least 3.2lbs to get to my first weight goal of 170lbs (from 186lb at New Year). My goal is in sight and I will achieve it!!!

I am sure you will accomplish your goal this month. Maybe you could take your kids on mini hikes while they are on their break.
  • willow2564
    willow2564 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am in, did 4.11 miles yesterday, using my fitbit, hoping to do 65 miles or over with me starting late, but will try for 100.