Mini Challenges each day

Options
meganmoore112
meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
I saw on the weigh in thread that someone (terriejones?) mentioned doing mini challenges each day to help stay on track. I think that's a great idea! It seems like many of us had lower losses this past week.

Any ideas for mini challenges? Here are some of mine:

1. Walk 15,000 steps (Fitbit)
2. Do a 20 minute body weight workout
3. Eat 5 servings of vegetables
4. No sugar day (besides fruit) - this will be my hardest day, ha!

What else? I need more :smile:

Replies

• Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Maybe drink 2 litres of water, on top of anything else you might drink (so tea, coffee, lemonade, beer, wine etc. do not count towards the total)?
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I dont have anything to count my steps, but I can try to figure out how many miles 15,000 is. Both suggestions sound good.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Depends on if they fit into my goals. Cutting sugar out won't do anything. IIFYM.

I suggest people stick to a solid plan, that encourages long term success.
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Here is my current program:

- Do something active every day
    - Elliptical 6 days/week
    - Strength training 2 days/week
    -Circuit training 2 days/week
    - Eat within calorie goals

It's that last one that's giving me a problem :(
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Here is the secret to my success

Log daily
    Measure and weigh everything
    Forgive yourself for slip ups and get back on the wagon the next day at the latest
    Don't binge at special occasions
    Sodium under 1500
    Greatly reduce sugar
    Eat things that have nutrients in them instead of empty calories
    Eliminate foods that make me sick or cause digestive problems
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am doing, or attempting to do, a mini challenge each day. They are all fitness challenges. jesindc used to post a mini challenge in the forums each day and whoever wanted to participate would post and repost when they were done. I did quite a few of her challenges. I'm going back thru the forums and redoing them. I just needed a little something different to keep me motivated.

This weekends challenge was 400 lateral ski jumps(I'm a day or two off on dates from the forums) and tomorrow is 200 arm circles, w/ or w/o weights.
  • randomtai
    Options
    I lift heavy and try to hit my macros every day. Everything else is inconsequential to me. *shrug* :ohwell:
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy and try to hit my macros every day. Everything else is inconsequential to me. *shrug* :ohwell:

When you are in 50s, going through menopause, have high blood pressure, and pre-diabetic other things do matter.
  • rachaelhubbard_
    rachaelhubbard_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to get my 10k steps EVERY day with the fitbit! :) Love this idea, thanks for starting it!
  • efe5
    efe5 Posts: 4
    Options
    * Drink 8 glasses of water per day
    * cut 500 calories out of normal diet
    * count calories
    * write goals
    * engage in a minimum of 30 minutes of extreme cardio
  • randomtai
    Options

When you are in 50s, going through menopause, have high blood pressure, and pre-diabetic other things do matter.

Which is why I said "to me". I did have high blood pressure and diabetes runs in my family. Blood pressure went down with a more controlled diet. (aka meeting my macros and lifting heavy).