5 day pouch test...ish. Wanna join?

Options
pal00ga
pal00ga Posts: 139 Member
So during my carb binge last year, I got a flu and wasn't interested in really eating for a few days. So basically, I lived on sugar free jello, soups, and fudgesicles. That lasted about 5 days, and once I felt better and started eating solids again, I realized I felt the restriction from my pouch again, didn't have horrible carb cravings, and got sick when I ate fresh broccoli again (probably doesn't seem like a good side effect, but it reminded me of when I first got my RNY).
I read about the 5 day pouch test, and after the holidays gave it a try, but I didn't feel like having only 2 days of liquids was enough to really help me off my carb binge or to help me feel restriction again. So since I've gained 20 lbs sometime over the last year (mostly recently), I decided I absolutely MUST get back on track. I've started my liquid diet today. I'll probably focus on eating soups, protein shakes, greek yogurt, jello, etc for the next 5-6 days. It's finals week for me, so I don't have classes to worry about and will only be sitting around at home studying, so it seemed like a good time to focus on my food intake while I study.

I know it's super last minute, but if anyone is interested in joining me, I could use the encouragement.

Replies

• live2jump11
    live2jump11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started this morning, iced coffee protein shake for breakfast, greek yogurt with some whipped peanut butter stirred in for lunch. I've been sipping herbal tea. About time for another shake. Just took a tylenol for a killer carb-withdrawal headache. How are you doing so far?
  • pal00ga
    Options
    I just had to take a tylenol as well!

I'm doing great. Yesterday I had coffee protein shakes as well as a greek yogurt and sugar free popsicle smoothie.
    I bought a bunch of soups. I didn't realize how high in sugar (though natural) tomato soup was though.

Today I have had a protein shake, some tomato soup, a sugar free pudding cup, and have been sipping on propel flavored water all day. I have a final tomorrow, so at least I have something to focus on rather than getting too much head hunger.

Keep it up! I'm glad someone is along for the ride
  • live2jump11
    live2jump11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing awesome! I noticed the same thing about tomato soup, so I am going to stay away for now. For dinner tonight I am going to try the Unjury chicken soup mix. I hope it is tasty! I just had some sugar free banana pudding with unflavored Unjury in it. It is soooo yummy!
  • pal00ga
    Options
    I've been fine all day. It hasn't really been very difficult for me to stay focused on just having liquids yet... I don't guess 2 days is enough time for it to really get boring though.
    I feel like my headaches subsided later into the evening though, so maybe I won't have any tomorrow.

My one concern is with all these liquids I'm taking in, I can't stop running to the restroom. I have a final exam tomorrow. Hopefully the professor won't get suspicious!
  • pal00ga
    Options
    After just 2 days of this liquid diet and doing nothing but sitting on my butt studying for finals, I'm down 5 lbs already.
    I am CERTAIN it is all just water weight, but you have to start somewhere, right?
    It was a little difficult going to campus today and seeing *and SMELLING* all the free food (mostly pizza and donuts) they were giving out for finals week. Instead I pulled out my protein shake and walked away. I'll be glad if I can ever get back to the point where I could sit in front of delicious foods all day and not for a moment feel like I wanted it (literally). I think that is probably just something during the honeymoon period, but maybe I can train myself to do that again... not like I don't make some delicious diet foods
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Another way to "use" this group is just this, talking it out; typing it out letting others know how your feeling sometimes just reaching out for support will get you through challenging days, even minutes! I work in a college admissions office so as I tell our stressed out students, "You've Got This Breathe Deeply and handle your business!", I have complete faith in you in doing this BECAUSE you are reaching out and recognizing dangerous behavior AND addressing it! Good for you!

So proud of you for walking away from the bad stuff and staying YOUR course! :drinker: