324 cals on Down Day?

YourGirl32
YourGirl32 Posts: 16 Member
Hello! I am 5'3" and 126 lbs and I would like to lose about 8 more lbs. I will be starting this on Monday and I had a couple of questions. I did the calculator on the info site and it gave me a limit of 324 cals on down days and 1,619 on up days. They suggest eating 500 cals on the down days during the induction period, but that would be more than the figure they gave me for regular down days after my induction phase ends. Should I eat the 500 cals or eat at 324? Also, do you have to do one up day followed by a down day or can you have 2-3 down days in a row followed by a few up days in blocks together? I'm hoping I can come up with enough food ideas for my 324 limit on down days...good thing I like chicken and veggies!

Replies

• Fabula_Rasa
    Fabula_Rasa Posts: 2 Member
    2 or 3 DDs in a row would be too much stress for your body. The fact that your body gets everything what's needed - at least every other day - is very important, as far as I know.

And the 500 calories in the first two weeks are mainly for "getting into the groove" of alternate day dieting. But if you're able to start with the lower numbers, you can do this as well, of course.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Hello! I am 5'3" and 126 lbs and I would like to lose about 8 more lbs. I will be starting this on Monday and I had a couple of questions. I did the calculator on the info site and it gave me a limit of 324 cals on down days and 1,619 on up days. They suggest eating 500 cals on the down days during the induction period, but that would be more than the figure they gave me for regular down days after my induction phase ends. Should I eat the 500 cals or eat at 324? Also, do you have to do one up day followed by a down day or can you have 2-3 down days in a row followed by a few up days in blocks together? I'm hoping I can come up with enough food ideas for my 324 limit on down days...good thing I like chicken and veggies!
    The stop eat stop talks about 0 calories during your 24 hour fast.

that is what I strive for and get close to.

So yes........324 would be OK although it doesnt seem like you have much to lose.

goodluck
  • cici52
    cici52 Posts: 34 Member
    You really can do either the calculated amount or the 500 on DDs. Having at least a 1000 difference between up and down seems to be key to the JUDDD magic. And agree that two DDs in a row is to much stress. You don't want your body to think it needs to slow your metabolism even for a few hours.
  • I don't think you would go wrong with either 500 0r less on down days. I have been doing 600 on alternate days for 2 weeks, and have lost a kilo. I definitely eat well on the alternate day!