EM2WL runners?

Are there any runners on here? I'm looking for some advice as I'm working on my reset, but have a marathon this fall. I run because Ilove it, not just for the calorie burn. :)

I'm just trying to figure out my plan as I'm going yo need to start increasing my distance and pace in prep for marathon ttraining. I would like to drop some fat - because I don't want to haul it around. But I also don't want to be impatient.

Thanks,
Nedine

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Suggestion, when doing the guess on your TDEE with those rough levels, only count up front 1 hr of running a day, even though you know you'll be doing a day of longer runs.
    So 4 days running with 7 hrs near end of training say, is only 4 hrs in TDEE table. Plus whatever else you do of course, and if daily life is more than sedentary desk job.

Because on the days of the long run is when you need more food post workout to be recovered for next run.
    Having a big day or two of much more than normal workout calorie burn - but averaged over the whole week, means you would likely have NO deficit on most days, and then too much on the big day.

So if you ran 90 min, and estimated burn of 1200 calories.
    Burned 1200 / 1.5 hrs = 800 per hr
    Burned 1200 - 800 already included in TDEE = 400 cal burned extra that day.
    400 - 15% = 340 to log and eat back hopefully post workout. Just right for a good snack of carbs : protein 4:1 to help get glucose back in to the muscle fast.

You take the % off that eat back amount, because if it had been included in the TDEE to start with - it would have been taken out there too.