Memorial Day Low Carb Weight Loss Challenge: Week 8

Options
Citrislazer
Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
Week 8 runs from 4/28 to 5/4.

Optional mini challenge for the week: Don’t give up this week. Be persistent.

Remember, we are doing a running total of percentage lost. Use your starting weight when you joined this challenge, and subtract this week’s weigh-in. If you’ve lost weight since last week, your percentage this week will be bigger compared to what you posted last week.

Current list of participants and their awesome progress:
Strawmama- 4.30%
frob23- 5.80%
lisajsund- 0.79%
Figaver- 1.8%
Citrislazer- 7.68%
MelRC117- 1.65%
ejdp254- 5.41%
17JayR- 4.62%
karryann2008- 3.56%
spottedkathy- 1.69%
caitaurelius- 1.8%
TattooTwinset- 1.85%
malou1985- 3.265%
pixelled- 1.05%
Cathi888- 0%
Jenabugg- 1.67%
Kellytime2los- 0%
Kergil-
jmzz1-
Siggasvana-
heatherdr-
donnaamarie-
Foomsy-
Madddonnnaaa-
KarenisPaleo-
NewInnerStren-

Formula for figuring combined weekly %
1. starting weight when you join challenge – this week’s weight
2. divide weight lost by starting weight
3. Mutliply by 100

Anyone is welcome to join the challenge at any time. To join, set your weight loss goal for Memorial Day and post what percentage you’re working towards losing.

Here’s the formula for figuring your goal %:
1. current weight this week – Memorial Day goal weight
2. divide weight lost by current weight this week
3. multiply by 100

I know that some of us weigh multiple times a week. Please post just one result for the weekly results list. But, feel free to post encouragement to others as many times as you want, tell us about your progress, or little victories.

Let's have fun!

Replies

• karryann2008
    Options
    A small gain this week so now 3.04%:frown:
  • Citrislazer
    Options
    I am on vacation next week and won't be able to post the Week 9 topic. Is anyone willing to post the Week 9 update next Monday morning in my absence? Thanks!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I am on vacation next week and won't be able to post the Week 9 topic. Is anyone willing to post the Week 9 update next Monday morning in my absence? Thanks!

I can take care of it.

Looking at a small loss this week, if any.

Keto and booze do not mix... and trying to sober up with french-fries did little more than bloat me up with water. We'll see how things turn out tomorrow, but, it will be interesting.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Start Week Weight: 79.4kg
    This Week Weight: 74.7kg
    Total Percentage Lost: 5.92% (Change: -0.10%)
    Goal Percentage Lost: 8.32%

Just like always: My current percentage is based on unrounded values and is accurate. If you use the rounded values (from above) you get a slightly different number. Also, my percentage in change is change from last weeks weight, not last week's percentage.

Yep... slight up this week. Water weight.
  • Citrislazer
    Options
    lol, booze and fries are generally not good for any diet. :-D

Thanks for volunteering frob! Much appreciated.
  • Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I took a bit of a break there, sorry for my absence. I'm happy to report that while I was having my "diet break", I managed to maintain my weight loss. This is a big deal for me, because I have always had trouble with maintenance. My updated numbers...

Starting weight:266.4
    Current weight: 258
    Total % Loss: 3.15%
  • Citrislazer
    Options
    Maintaining is hard! Great job Figaver!

I'm checking-in a few days early, since my vacation starts today. Waiting to leave to go to the airport. I hope I can at least maintain my weight over vacation, but I'm still aiming to lose weight.

My new percentage is 8.81%. That's 15.6lbs lost since starting this challenge. Yay! Only 3 more pounds needed to land in my weight loss percentage range I set for myself at the start of this challenge. And, 7.5lbs to go to reach the top end of my range, which probably won't happen, but maybe I'll bring home some luck from Vegas. :-D Winning!
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Now go enjoy yourself!!:heart::drinker:
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Checking in for this week : 240-225=15 15/240 x100 = 6.25% yeah!!!!:drinker:
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Stall :(
    4.30%
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Same :(
  • 17JayR
    17JayR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    4.62%
  • TattooTwinset
    TattooTwinset Posts: 271
    Options
    I had a gain this (4/28-5/4) week of 1.8 lbs. so my % lost from last week is -.9% Still down from when I started back at the beginning though.