Weights Used?

Options
Lwillis1234
Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
Hi everyone! I was thinking about doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution after I do the 30 day shred. I was wondering what weights do you use? for the whole program.

Replies

• MissBounceUK
    MissBounceUK Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I mostly use pairs of small neoprene weights at 1.5kgs, 2kgs, 2.5kgs and 3kgs each. These tend to work for me for this particular program.
  • leelafry
    leelafry Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    She recommends 3s, 5s and 8's (also an exercise band). The first round I did with the 3s and 5s (I couldn't lift the 8s). The second round I did following her recommendations.
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I use mostly 8 and 10 pound weights. There are certain cardio routines I use 5 lb weights. The exercise band I increased through each phase.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I completed Body revolution 3 times. The first time I used mainly 3lb and 5lb weights. 2nd time I used mostly 5 and 8lbers and the 3rd time I used 5, 8 and 10 lbs. I love, love, love this program and would reccomend it to anyone!!
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just finished my fourth round. Started with 3's, 5's, 7's, 10's, and( for some exercises like rows and dead lifts) 12's. By my third round I tried using 20's for the heaviest weight exercises. I could do it, but not with good form, so now I max out at 15's. I usually hold 3's during the cardio moves whenever possible, as it gives a better burn. You'll probably want 2 cables, a light one as well as a heavy one. When you get to the 3rd circuit of Workout 5, you'll see why.:tongue:
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm using what I already have, which are 4s, 5s, 8s and 10s. I'm only in week 3, and haven't needed the 10s yet.