May Challenges

JRIV60
JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
Alright peeps I need some ideas for this coming month. :bigsmile:

There are soooooooooooo many of you that lurk who are active/semi-active that I would love to have join in some challenges to not only motivate me and you but other 30 Somethings (maybe even some noobs). I also LOVE what the April Miles girls have done this month and want to keep us moving forward.

With that being said I am going to name a few challenge ideas that you can chime in on. If you have some ideas, be it via Pinterest, the gym, trainer, etc. and would like company please share.

- May Miles (walked, jogged, ran, etc.)
- May measurements before and after (maybe with comparison pic?)
- May squats challenge
- May abs challenge
- May Team challenge of some sort
- May Food type challenge (and/or water intake challenge)
- May total calories burned challenge
- May light strength training challenge

xo,

Jo

Replies

• JRIV60
    A big part of my success thus far is having a good support system and things to keep me motivated. I love having the company. :0)

Jo
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    I like the idea of miles or minutes of exercise, strength training and I'm curious as to what a team challenge could be?
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    I am in for any challenge you can come up with. Challenges help motivate me to move. I really enjoyed tracking miles this month and will continue setting goals for myself for miles with or without an official challenge.

What about a exercise of the day challenge? We could do a different exercise each day and people can challenge themselves to do as many as they can. I am sure we can come up with different things or pick 7 and do them each week (one per day) and see how much we improve over the month.
  • JRIV60
    Alright so I have the May miles spreadsheet completed and will post it shortly.

As for the daily exercise challenges Dani, I am down for that. We just need to decide how we are going to post, whether it's a weekly thread with a list of strength training exercises - I say we can go with or without dumbbells or kettlebells (I kinda like that idea) or a daily thread which I think will be a bit cumbersome for me to keep track of.

As for the team challenges ummommyme, I was thinking of a few groups (2-3+ ppl per team) who can compete against each other whether it be total weight lost, total miles tracked, total inches lost, total _____ <--insert exercise here (i.e. squats, crunches, jumping jacks, etc) completed.

Let me know what works for you all and I hope to see more of you joining us this go round. :drinker:

Jo
  • mamarundrc
    For the daily challenge I like the idea of a weekly thread. We can post the exercises of the week and then everyone can comment as to how many reps they completed, were they standard or a variation of the move, with or with out weight resistance and how much weight. Since the month ends on a Saturday, I can start a thread on this Saturday with exercises for Sun-Saturday and we can do this for 4 weeks and see what kind of improvements we can make throughout the month. If people enjoy this challenge and participate we can think of ways to expand in June.

Any suggestions of exercises? The ones that come to my mind that don't really require equipment are push ups, crunches, squats, burpees, tricep dips.

Let me know what you think. I have no problem taking this challenge and running with it if you want.
  • JRIV60
    For the daily challenge I like the idea of a weekly thread. We can post the exercises of the week and then everyone can comment as to how many reps they completed, were they standard or a variation of the move, with or with out weight resistance and how much weight. Since the month ends on a Saturday, I can start a thread on this Saturday with exercises for Sun-Saturday and we can do this for 4 weeks and see what kind of improvements we can make throughout the month. If people enjoy this challenge and participate we can think of ways to expand in June.

Any suggestions of exercises? The ones that come to my mind that don't really require equipment are push ups, crunches, squats, burpees, tricep dips.

Let me know what you think. I have no problem taking this challenge and running with it if you want.
    Ugh you had to mention the dreaded b word!! The s word makes me cringe a bit too.:sad: lol I like the idea of working it out for Sun - Sat.

Dani I am totally down with you running with this one girlie. :happy: I listed a few more we can add for the month - planks, calf raises, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, leg raises.

Excited to get started!!:happy: :happy: :happy:

xo,

Jo
  • mamarundrc
    Excellent! Thank you for the additional ideas. I will Post the week 1 thread so anyone who wants to participate can work it into their work out plan for the week (if they have one). Super excited!