New to Group. Need friends.

Options
SoosannahK
SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
Hi all, new to the group and looking for some online friends for support and motivation. I have around 60+ lbs to lose. I get going really well, hit a plateau (or insert some other excuse here) and give up for a few months or until I gain back what I lost and my pants get tight again. Repeat. This has been going on since 2011. I am tired of it and it is time to make some serious changes.

I quit smoking 2 months ago and now I want to get completely healthy all the way around. I started a running program last month, am eating a lot better and generally feeling good all the way around. Got off track this past week when I went to the beach but got right back on track today. I had been logging my food at another site since middle of March, but this site is compatible with my running apps and my activity tracker. I was down 10 lbs but put on a lot of water weight this past week which is coming off 2-3 lbs daily and my bloating is drastically reduced. So hopefully in the next few days I will be around what I was before I went to the beach.

Alas I ramble. Would love to have some friends on here. Please feel free to add me!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lmjblues
    lmjblues Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this. Feel free to add me if ya like. Fellow runner here... and I coach a running group of ladies a couple times a week. Love hearing stories of people giving up the bad and getting healthy.

Good luck in your journey!

Lisa
  • ProfessorCurlz
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Feel free to add me as well, we are all in the same ship!
  • looklucklove
    looklucklove Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi! yep, we're all in the same boat, that's why we're here. Hopefully, we can all be a support to each other!
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the quitting smoking, did that myself a few years ago so I know how tough it is. I am on here allot so feel free to add me if you like.
  • EverythingNicki
    Options
    Hello...feel free to add me...We can be 40 and fabulous together!
  • queenpookie67
    queenpookie67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to the group. & Congrats on your healthier self! Please feel free to add me. We can support each other. :)
  • grumpymamabear
    Options
    Add me too! I'm not new but haven't been active for a long time. Need friends for motivation myself!
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I think I have all of you added and see I am going to have some good MFP buds!
  • shabone
    shabone Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to the group. I quit smoking a few years back and gained about 35 pounds since. I have been up and down with my weight so I can totally relate to what you are going through. I am finally feeling like I am about to get through this and reach my goal. Feel free to add me, let's do this!
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 5 years ago,lost 25 pounds, ran nine 5-k's and feel great !
  • notime2run
    notime2run Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome and I new to group too. Keep us posted on how you're doing. You can add too as a friend.
  • Angelmom919
    Angelmom919 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me if you like! I am starting over after a few rough months!
  • memeth
    memeth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well. I am 42, determined to do this and yave recomitted!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • dcshellz
    dcshellz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me also
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! I can use all the help I can get! Good luck meeting all of your goals!
    Dani
  • iceyelf
    iceyelf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i guess i am not exactly new to group too, must have joined right before taking a haitus . but just came back to mfp.

and would also like some friends particularly in this age group.

oh and i absolutely love your avi pic
  • jojo6699tn
    jojo6699tn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, looking for friends here too. I have 60 pounds I want to lose to be where I feel is my healthiest weight. I've been there before in my 30's just after having my son but over time put it back on so I need the accountability of friends and a group like this to help me stay focused. I just recently replaced diet sodas with water and started following Atkins plan today Feel free to add me