Starting today...

I_love_frogs
I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
Ok, I am geared up and ready to go.

My pantry has been cleaned mostly of things that are not for me, there are a few things there for my husband. Chickens got the bread and fruits and so on and loved it.

I went shopping yesterday and loaded up my fridge and freezer with different veggies, butter, meats, cheeses, cream etc Loaded up my pantry with pork skins, coconut oil, jerky and so on.

I have my meds, my water bottle, my food scale, and my list of what is not really keto friendly in plain sight so I have no excuses.

Time to get on board and go go go!!

Any support is fantastic...I need to lose about 90 lbs or so.Tried low calorie, didn't work well. Tried low fat, that sucked. Tried living at the gym...gave me sprained ankles etc. This seems to be a much better idea that I can work with long term. And by long term, I do mean the rest of my life. I just got diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I am dancing on the cusp of diabetes with a reading of 6.4. Not gonna happen....I will win this battle.

Replies

• Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    You can do this! My hypothyroidism (as well as my joint pain) has cleared up wonderfully in just the 20 days or so that I have been doing this. Try not to let the first few days get you down and drink plenty of broths (chicken/beef) if you can to keep your salts/electrolytes up. With any luck you will have very little carb withdrawl and you'll soon be livin la vida low carb :)

Best of luck to you!
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Chickens got the bread and fruits and so on and loved it.

Mmmmmm...fresh eggs. So jealous. ;-)

You sound prepared, pumped, and positioned for success! Reading your history of attempts at better health reads very similarly to where I'd been when I discovered low carb years ago. Low carb/keto IS a wonderful way to eat and can be so effortless you'll find yourself evangelizing to all you know who are struggling to find a way to eat that works. Watch that. It can become annoying to others. ;-) Let your great health and weight stabilizing success do the talking for you.

And good for you that you've already decided that this will be the way you eat from now on, because like every other tool for weight loss if you go back to the way things were before, the weight and the health woes come right back too. Trust me, I've played around enough with that logic to have learned firsthand.

Anyway, welcome and feel free to send a friend request. You've got this!! :-)
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Awesome, wishing you all the best!

I'm new to most of this as well. This week I'm making changes and lowering carbs and next week going strong!

Kind of exciting :) I'll send you a friend request!
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    You can do it! I did the same thing you did. Tried low fat, tried living at the gym and I switched to low carb and than keto and the weight came off. I always felt like weight loss was something other people got to experience but not me but its possible. I'm 44lbs down and I know you can take off that amount you want to lose. The good thing about keto is that there are so many recipes out there low carb breads and desserts etc so you can adapt. Good Luck!