You eat WHAT?!

Options
Tanukiko
Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
Right now, apart from the fat loss obviously, I am really enjoying the eye bulging looks of shock on my friend's faces when I tell them what I eat. You lost what? 13 lbs in 20 days? Eating WHAT?! Butter and fatty meat?!

Makes me think of the princess bride....'Inconceivable'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3sLhnDJJn0

I am enjoying sort of tormenting my perpetually dieting/hungry/cranky/low-fat advocating friends. I know...evil. Do your friends and family also eye bulge?

Replies

• morekettlebell
    Options
    Yes!! I love recommending this lifestyle to my overweight friends and explaining they don't need to be hungry living on celery and lettuce to lose weight. They say "that can't be healthy" or "it's only working for you because you exercise so much". So frustrating. I know exactly where you're coming from. I had already lost quite a bit of weight before I started keto, and it has been the ONLY thing that helped me break my plateau. I lost 13# in 23 days!!
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying sort of tormenting my perpetually dieting/hungry/cranky/low-fat advocating friends. I know...evil.

"By all means, ENJOY your naked iceberg lettuce salad w/ balsamic vinegarette while I have to choke down this 8 oz well marbled ribeye w/ garlic butter. It's just not FAIR!!"

(Insert Dr. Evil laugh here)
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    There is a girl at my work, very athletic, works out daily, plays on a womans league soccer team, doesn't have to watch what she eats, you know the type... anyway when I started back in March another friend of mine at work was considering doing this with me, (was doing well for a week or so) and the Soccer girl was crapping all over her saying the only way to lose weight is to work out more & eat less and eat lots of carbs for energy, blah blah blah. Sadly the other lady bought into it and went back to her old eating habits even though she really needs to lose weight & control some medical issues. I've seen the looks Soccer chick gives my meals and overheard negative whispers to others but bottom line is this, I've lost just under 20lbs in 2 months, I feel better physically and mentally and I'm eating in a way that I can see maintaining long term, whats not to love? I say to ignore everyone and keto on!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    No, my friends and family don't comment, but MY eyes bulge when I see this woman at work trying to lose by eating a vegan diet. She struggles at it. She wasn't a vegan or vegetarian before. She has about 50 pounds to lose. She's lost 30 pounds over many months now, but she looks miserable at lunch time eating her salad without dressing. She told me it's very hard for her and it doesn't come naturally to her to eat that way, but her personal trainer told her to go vegan to drop the pounds. I think she'd be far happier and more satisfied on keto, but I keep my thoughts to myself. I also think she's going to stop being a vegan once the weight comes off.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    No, my friends and family don't comment, but MY eyes bulge when I see this woman at work trying to lose by eating a vegan diet. She struggles at it. She wasn't a vegan or vegetarian before. She has about 50 pounds to lose. She's lost 30 pounds over many months now, but she looks miserable at lunch time eating her salad without dressing. She told me it's very hard for her and it doesn't come naturally to her to eat that way, but her personal trainer told her to go vegan to drop the pounds. I think she'd be far happier and more satisfied on keto, but I keep my thoughts to myself. I also think she's going to stop being a vegan once the weight comes off.

I work with a lady who is a raw food vegan, who is healthy & active but exists on nuts & raw fruit & veggies (from what I've seen). I really like her a lot & she is super knowledgeable about her way of eating and last year I actually tried vegan for 4 months to lose weight. I gained 30 lbs!!!! lol My body does not like carbs. Period! Shes a little shocked when she sees my plate full of meats & stuff now, but she also sees I'm happier, losing weight & enjoying my meals again.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I can't do a vegan diet. I like butter, honey, eggs,cheese far too much. I definitely can't go raw either. I like cooking too much. :laugh:

One of my oldest friends is a vegetarian and has been for 20 years now. Except for when she was pregnant with her child, she hasn't had meat since she became an adult. Yet she is obese by US standards. Carbs aren't her friend either.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Behold the power of ketosis! Muhahahah!
  • decendre
    decendre Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I work with a lady who is a raw food vegan, who is healthy & active but exists on nuts & raw fruit & veggies (from what I've seen). I really like her a lot & she is super knowledgeable about her way of eating and last year I actually tried vegan for 4 months to lose weight. I gained 30 lbs!!!! lol My body does not like carbs. Period! Shes a little shocked when she sees my plate full of meats & stuff now, but she also sees I'm happier, losing weight & enjoying my meals again.

I tried for a month and gained 7lbs! Talk about disappointing.