Welcome and Introdcutions (Apr 29)

Options
DEPick
DEPick Posts: 70 Member
It was a jay_taay idea, so all credit to her. I just built the site since we all seemed pretty pumped about it.

Replies

• terra_lynne07
    Options
    Woo!
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Howdy Im Chris. And I'm looking to lose 10 pounds by June 1st by doing lots of cardio along with lifting and eating right. I'm going to have to lay off the beer :(

I joined Mfp about 6 weeks ago I and I've lost 13 pounds. My goal is 25-30 so I'm happy with my results.
  • JTOct25
    JTOct25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wohoo! This sounds like a fun idea. Even if I don't lose 10 pounds in a month, it will still be great to have the challenge and support.

I'm trying to lose weight for my wedding in October and just to be healthy. :)

Good luck, everyone.
  • dslynn8
    dslynn8 Posts: 21
    Options
    Just in time, I was looking for something for June. Lets do this!!!!
  • feebooth
    feebooth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello all im fee i listed my starting weight from january 2014 as i have no idea what i weight right now as have no scales
  • WorkinMyWayToFit
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Yvonne and I just joined MFP today. I need to lose about 47 lbs to be where I want. I am looking forward to all of the motivation and support we can give each other. I really need to stay focused on EATING more than anything. My problem is I don't eat enough. I usually will have a decent lunch at work and then a small meal at dinner. So I know that is not good at all. So if I can make myself eat more throughout the day I think that would really help. Feel free to add me as a friend (since I don't really have any at the moment). AND BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE...... LET'S DO THIS :bigsmile:
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Hi all, looking forward to this, have been losing at a pretty good rate anyway so hopefully it will continue in May and take me 10lbs closer to my goal. Good luck to you all :drinker:
  • jewol
    jewol Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've been a member for several years, but, after a strong start, fell off the wagon and regained the weight, plus a pound. Since I returned, I've lost 13 pound since March 30. In the past two weeks, though, the rate of loss has slowed. So I'm curious to see whether I can tally another 10 pounds by June 1.

Question: Do we post our weight here every day?

Good luck to everyone!

-John
  • Kaylee_F93
    Options
    I am Kaylee. I am 20 and of course looking to lose 10 pounds by June 1st (hopefully more if possible.) :P
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm definitely in for this, had been looking for a May challenge (grad school starts in June and it'd be nice to be a little lighter and a little stronger when I start lol). Love these challenges!

I'm 24, female, 5'8", and have a medium frame.
    Current weight - 173 lbs
    Final goal - 143 lbs
    By the end of this challenge - 166 lbs

I hope it's okay if I aim to lose more like 7 lbs by 1st June; I try not to lose more than 1-1.5 lbs a week at most, because I don't fall into the obese category (anymore, thank goodness), but still have 30 lbs to go. And I doubt I'll find a 7 lbs by June challenge. So, this one it is.

Good luck to everybody! :drinker:

(Edited to correct typo.)
  • twofingerspeacepeaceforever
    Options
    I need to lose 59 pounds to be healthy, 10 is a good start.
  • ladyu
    ladyu Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am excited! =>
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm game!!! I need to lose about 20 total. So 10 by June would be FABULOUS!!!! I need to be more diligent about what I eat, and get up and move!!!
  • hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i just started mfp again in march and now feel ready to challenge myself! this is a great place to start! :bigsmile:
  • tpeirona
    tpeirona Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'm Teressa, 24 years old. I recently recommitted myself to getting healthy around the middle of March. Since starting I've lost about 6 lbs so far and my end goal is to lose around 50lbs. I'd love to challenge myself and see if I can lose between 7-10 lbs during May especially since I'll be visiting my boyfriend in June and would love for his jaw to drop.

29023330.png

My biggest challenge is going to be eating right. I've never had problems working out but food, particularly sugar is definitely my nemesis.

Good luck to everyone!
  • pmackey49
    pmackey49 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello all, just joined MFP yesterday. I like all the supportive groups I see on the site. I'm looking for foward to seeing less and less of myself as time goes on. I'm 45 years old, take zumba classes three days a week and I also have a trainer. Happ losing everyone!
  • 1013carl
    1013carl Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just joined MFP yesterday. Don't know anybody or the site yet.

I took the mindset to begin taking baby steps.... my CW= 206, my GW=180...
    As I was walking yesterday I thought being 196 in five weeks would be enough for me to be motivated for quite a while. So the first group I see here on the site fits that perfectly.

Carl -

• kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Hi to all,

I would like to join this group as I would like to lose 5-10 lbs by end of June. I hadn't been doing a lot of exercise lately and really need to kick my butt and try harder!
  • REGINA889
    REGINA889 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name's Regina, and I've been an on-again, off-again MFP user for...2 years now? Anyway, I've been eating a lot lately mostly because I'm really stressed from school and other commitments, and I just haven't been able to find the willpower to stop myself, so I currently weigh the most I have ever weighed in recent memory. Losing 10 pounds is the perfect amount for me and I would love to accomplish it by June!
  • rezekiel
    rezekiel Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hey All,
    I've been on MFP for a bit. I've yo-yoed back and forth and I'm looking to get back on track. Have 75lbs to loose and would like to be in onederland by the end of summer.
    Cheers.