Hello

Options
Just wanted to say hello. My name is Darlene and I am on my journey to a better me. I am almost 49 (July 20) and have been battling depression and gained quite a bit of weight in the process. I just need a little support for myself and I always have an ear to listen as well. I need to lose at least 50lbs. I am going on a Cruise in October and would love to be able to rock the beach in a 2 piece for the first time in my life. Best wishes to everyone here and let\s do this together!!!

Replies

• TrishCmfp
    TrishCmfp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Darlene

I am a fairly new member of the group too. Welcome :) I am a mum of 3 with probably something like 50 to 60 lbs to lose. It depends how much of my fat I replace with muscle!!

I have ADHD and have also just been diagnosed with borderline hypothyroidism, highish cholesterol and triglycerides. So I have taken myself firmly in hand (there is a very strong family history of various types of heart disease too) and have embarked on eating Paleo and I am walking over 10K steps a day and I have joined a women's bootcamp.

I am absolutely loving it Darlene. Just looking after myself at the age of 46 has really picked up my mood. I was feeling really low too (the thyroid issue, on top of ADHD). But eating incredibly healthily and exercising have lifted my mood incredibly. I feel really positive and full of beans.

We CAN absolutely do this :) I think just admitting you need to take better care of yourself is pretty hard. And getting started can be pretty tough too. Where to start?! Where to aim for?!

But if you aim to contribute positively to your health and wellbeing everyday, you will soon see and feel the results :)

Trish, London UK:smile: