May Challenge!!

Options
2»

Replies

• christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Why is May so hard?!?!?! I feel like I'm slipping into maintenance with just a couple of pounds to go. Oh well, maybe that is where I should be.

One more week! I hope everyone is doing well - it's been so quiet around here.
  • VaporHero2
    VaporHero2 Posts: 24
    Options
    it's been so quiet around here.

I agree, it's been pretty quiet.
  • LuluNH
    LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I started a fat fast today - macadamia nuts and cream cheese. 1 jar of macadamia nuts and 1 package of cream cheese for 2 days worth of "meals" for a total of about 1,100 calories per day. I planned 3 meals per day and lots of tea/water -I didn't make it past day one last time so we will see. I've been stuck at 169 for over 7 weeks so I'm calling it what it is....a plateau!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 4 pounds so far in May, so I'm not likely to get the 7lbs I was hoping for in the month, but it's a nice steady drop.

Good luck with the fat fast. I still haven't done one yet, although I have been embracing the high fat side of the diet more this week, and it seems to be having the desired effect :-)
  • LuluNH
    Options
    Fat fast over....I didn't like the way I felt on it....back to my regular plan....hoping the weight will move once I can taper off prednisone!!! Not frustrated but not feeling successful!! I want my goal pants to fit right not just fit!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!!!
  • cltx1991
    cltx1991 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Can we get a thread like this going for June too? Every month we should be challenging ourselves not just May! :)
    Plus I only joined a couple of days ago and I want to be involved in something like this!
  • christineellis
    Options
    Fat fast over....I didn't like the way I felt on it....back to my regular plan....

Good luck going forward. Fat fasts are definitely a challenge. :smile:
  • christineellis
    Options
    4 more days in May! How are people doing? I can't say that it has been a successful month for me, but I am hanging in there. Memorial Day weekend and camping were not good for me but I had a nice time with family and friends. LIfe goes on!
  • ckidsfun
    ckidsfun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new to this and just starting Atkins. Today is day 1. I could really use some support. What is a "fat fast"?
  • cltx1991
    cltx1991 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/fat-fast-for-a-few-days-to-induce-weight-loss/1189

Hi! That should help with info about Fat Fasting :)

Im currently on atkins and doing regular exercise with it, but havent been able to weigh myself and Im not able to until next wednesday though I have noticed body changes. Plus in the first week that I did it I lost 10lbs so I know it definitely is working for me :)

If you need any Atkins support I'm here to help! :)
  • ckidsfun
    ckidsfun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info. I am going to look it up. I was very proud of myself last night. We had a birthday party for one of my kids and I managed to stay away from the cake and ice cream!
  • VaporHero2
    VaporHero2 Posts: 24
    Options
    It's nice to see some new people on here :)
  • christineellis
    Options
    One....more....day...!!!
  • LuluNH
    Options
    8 weeks trying to move from 169 closer to goal...not complaining about maintaining but I would love to see 168 or 167.....reflection as the month of May comes to an end....my weight has started with the number 1 for one year!! And I've logged in to myfitnesspal for over 6+ months in a row.....Best wishes for an on-plan day!!