Non Scale Victories - Share the Joy! - part 3

Options
dward59
dward59 Posts: 731 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
This is a continuation of the NSV thread started here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/1069160-milestones-other-than-the-scale

and here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1155160-non-scale-victories-share-the-joy-part-2

Do you have something special to celebrate? Put it here. Motivate someone! Gain some "Me too's!"

Sometimes when someone is down, they get back up out of the rut simply by reading great success stories. Post yours here. Celebrate and help a friend while you are at it!

Replies

• dward59
    Options
    Just had a huge NSV.

I had to go in and see the insurance agent for some paperwork. I walked in and was not recognized by the woman who has been doing this for us for the last 14 years!

When I gave her my name, she looked up the information and I saw recognition dawn only when she looked at our information and I gave her addresses and asked specifics. She completed what we needed then said, "You've lost weight haven't you?"

Oh, yes. heh, heh Never knew that being unrecognized could feel so good!
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV Dan!!! I bet that felt amazing!!! Keep up the awesomeness :drinker:
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    huge female NSV today.

i bought my first ever set of matching bra and panties! i have always wanted to have cute underthings, but was always stuck buying bras that looked like boat sails and underpants that could be used as bedsheets. well, now i have pretty, lacy, purple bra and panties. awesome!
  • hollyla9905
    hollyla9905 Posts: 508
    Options
    Dan that is great, it's amazing in your pictures how different you look! Motivation for sure

Jackie: that's a great victory, feeling pretty defiantly keeps us working hard... And I am sure a few of us can understand the sails and bed sheets! Keep up the awesome work!!!
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Dan and Jackie, what great NSVs. My NSV is not as cool as pretty underthings (which I am also looking forward to buying), but I am proudly, and comfortably, wearing a size 18 pair of capri pants!! I just want to dance around and make everyone look at my bu....pants...yes, at my pants! LOL
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I spent my entire vacation feeling like an After!
  • dward59
    Options

This statement, in it's brevity, says it all!
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options

Woot! Woot! :love: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Since I knew at the outset that losing 219 lbs. would be a long and expensive process given the number of costume changes required, I've been trying not to order clothes more than once every 4 months (and even then I do so online with coupon codes to try and keep the tab down). When I recently put in an order for spring/summer stuff, I purposely ordered a few sizes down, figuring that a few things may not fit initially and that I'd get into them during the summer. I was so excited this morning when I grabbed a new pair of capris for work (not realizing they were the smaller ones) and they fit! Thank goodness for free returns...the bigger stuff will have to go back :-)
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Dan and Jackie= WAY TO GO THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completed my first triathlon last weekend and exceeded all of my goals (1- survive/finish, 2- not last overall (a good 200 below me), 3- not last in age group (about 11 below me), 4- under 2 hours (1:45).

Today the tech at my vet's office commented, as did the deputy at security and a few people around the courhtouse. So yay!
  • dward59
    Options
    Congratulations to both Emmerin and Brook(ie?) for GREAT NSV's!

I love this thread. It always gives me a boost to read these great successes.
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    went to the orthopedic dr. and had knee x-rays done. had to walk across the hall in one of those lovely gowns. the regular size one wrapped around me and didn't show my panties to everyone. Yeah!
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Way to go on all the NSVs!

I just realized today while sitting outside that I can now sit in those folding canvas lawn chairs...I'm below the weight limit. That used to embarrass me when we'd visit friends at their RV sites and the man would try to insist that I sit in his chair. There is no comfortable way to tell someone you're too heavy. Now all my friends think I actually prefer sitting at the picnic table.
  • dward59
    Options
    14032080348_b1f52be0fe_o.jpgBoca del Oso 20140517

About half way through the 5+ mile portion of the hike. We had already done a mile in rough terrain at an earlier canyon hike. I survived it, but those who own stock in the makers of Advil should see their stock rise tomorrow. (I'm SORE!)

I still have a way to go in losing the poundage, but a year ago if you told me I'd be doing things like this... I would have never believed you!
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    14032080348_b1f52be0fe_o.jpgBoca del Oso 20140517

I still have a way to go in losing the poundage, but a year ago if you told me I'd be doing things like this... I would have never believed you!

WAY TO GO, Dan!! :-) That's an incredible accomplishment!

- Tara
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Awesome Dan!!!
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Looking good, Dan!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,688 Member
    Options
    Frame it, Dan!
  • hollyla9905
    hollyla9905 Posts: 508
    Options
    I am so happy to read these you guys rock :)
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    This is today's NSV and while it may not make a lot of sense, it's a huge one for me:

Today at a work meeting, my bosses brought a birthday cake for my colleague. Her birthday was a week before mine, which was last week (which she and a number of the bosses knew). I smiled, wished her a happy birthday and did not eat any cake. I also did not eat my (perfectly legitimate IMHO) hurt feelings.