Non Scale Victories - Share the Joy! - part 3

Options

Replies

• Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Jennifer great job! Getting past our emotional mind to use our wise mind is one of the most difficult skills to develop but is worth it! You made wonderful choices!

Canuname - Amazing job on the 5K and great choice on type! I'd love to do a color run one day.
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading about everyone's NSVs....great job all around. I like the idea of a color run; I may have to try that in the not to distant future. :)

Today I threw away (or donated) a bunch of clothes. I no longer have any of my larger size pants hanging around. When I wore them with a belt they were starting to look funny because they were puckering up and drooping down. Then I took myself out to buy a few new outfits. As I was taking pants off the rack, I was thinking there was no way they'd fit me...but they did! They're still plus sizes, but they're smaller. :happy:
  • Canuname
    Canuname Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    leannabseven said:
    I enjoyed reading about everyone's NSVs....great job all around. I like the idea of a color run; I may have to try that in the not to distant future. :)

Today I threw away (or donated) a bunch of clothes. I no longer have any of my larger size pants hanging around. When I wore them with a belt they were starting to look funny because they were puckering up and drooping down. Then I took myself out to buy a few new outfits. As I was taking pants off the rack, I was thinking there was no way they'd fit me...but they did! They're still plus sizes, but they're smaller. :happy:

Great NSV. I hope you saved something to be able to see how far you have come. I kept a pair of the largest shorts and shirt to be able to take pictures of myself in them to show how far I have come. I will actually be posting something soon with them.
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    @ Russ: someone else asked me the other day if I was saving a pair of pants. I hadn't planned to...I'm just THAT happy to get rid of them for good. But perhaps I should. I have one pair in the laundry that I was going to give to the St. Jude's thrift store.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    @ Russ: someone else asked me the other day if I was saving a pair of pants. I hadn't planned to...I'm just THAT happy to get rid of them for good. But perhaps I should. I have one pair in the laundry that I was going to give to the St. Jude's thrift store.

LeAnna, I saved a huge pair of pants in 2007 when I lost 152 lbs, but then I grew back into the damn things! This time, everything is going (has gone) out when it gets too big. But I must admit, I LOVE seeing those photos like Russ is talking about. Especially the ones where two people are in them. One in each leg. Astounding losses!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,700 Member
    Options
    I was tempted to keep something too, but didn't. It was just too darn fun to empty out my closet. Just realized however, that when I reach goal, I can go out and buy a pair of my old size just to see what it would be like.

Wouldn't that be a fun reward!!

Paula
  • dward59
    Options
    I was tempted to keep something too, but didn't. It was just too darn fun to empty out my closet. Just realized however, that when I reach goal, I can go out and buy a pair of my old size just to see what it would be like.

Wouldn't that be a fun reward!!

Paula

@Paula - I'd try to find it in a thrift store before I paid B&T prices again! Besides I shudder at the thought of going back into one of those specialty stores ever again. A part of my life that I want gone forever!
  • dward59
    Options
    It may be a Monday, but mine started with the best news yet.

Last week I did an overnight Oximetry to check blood oxygen levels during sleep. A year ago I was on 24 hour a day oxygen. Nine months ago, I was able to give up daytime O2, but still had overnight required.

The doctor called this morning and has now removed that prescription. I get to lose the Oxygen Concentrator for the first time in SIX YEARS.

I have no words to tell what this meant to me. I didn't even know it would hit me as hard as it has. The sheer relief and joy of this expensive albatross leaving my home, (FOREVER if I have any real say in it!) had my wife crying and me choking up.

Here is to weight loss and the better health that comes with it!
  • hollyla9905
    hollyla9905 Posts: 508
    Options
    That is so exciting Dan! You have reached a huge milestone, your health has changed and it's all because you worked so hard for yourself! I hope you enjoy the free air around you and you never have to pay to breath again :)
    And I know that sounds weird but it is so true!
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV Dan! Having asthma myself, I know how it feels to be attached to a machine just so you can breathe... It must feel amazing to get rid of it!!! Congrats Dan!

@Russ, amazing pictures! I am gonna have to try a color run, looks like so much fun :)

@Leanna, I also just cleaned out my closet to get rid of some of my larger sized clothes! It feels amazing to just get them out of my life!!!

I had a NSV this weekend! Went shopping at Costco with my husband and I needed to get a new pair of capris ( I just cleaned out my closet so I needed a replacement pair) I found a pair that I liked, but the largest size they had was a 16 and I didn't think they would fit... But my husband said get them and if they don't fit you can return them. So I bought them and tried them on when I got home, to my surprise they fit! Nicely too :bigsmile: I am officially a size 16 now! So happy!!!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That is amazing new Dan!!! Congratulations!!!

Sweet about the 16's Malia!
  • hollyla9905
    hollyla9905 Posts: 508
    Options
    Way to go Malia :)
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    A friend came round to mine and screamed 'Oh my god you are massive in this!' at seeing my before photo on my fridge. I'm yet to see the difference personally but I guess that was a weird compliment lol.
  • dward59
    Options
    A friend came round to mine and screamed 'Oh my god you are massive in this!' at seeing my before photo on my fridge. I'm yet to see the difference personally but I guess that was a weird compliment lol.

The backhanded right-cross of friendship? OUCH. lol

I'm sure they meant it as a compliment!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to the group.

My latest NSV: I can wear my size 16 jeans. from a 22/24 to 16!
  • dward59
    Options
    Welcome TPC. Every group should have a Pirate!

Great NSV. My DW just had the same one. Nothing like a happy wife, imo!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome. :)
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yes! Welcome! We TOTALLY need MORE pirates.

(We are also short of ninja-chic too for that matter.)

And the "jeans thing", or a variation on the theme, is one of the most important NSVs there is for all of us!

Before this thing is over, one of our biggest goals must be, to become comfortable in our own skin, and that's just easier and more fun in smaller pants.

Because no matter how much we change our attitudes and actions regarding food and exercise, and no matter how much our bodies morph as a result of those changes, we are all STILL gonna be us,

Just in smaller pants.

:happy:
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yesterday for the first time in 21 years I went to an amusement park and was able to ride the rides. Some of them had a "test" seat so you could sit down and buckle in to see if you'd fit. When I sat in the first one and had no problems I held back tears. Every ride seat I tested was a non-issue...in fact, they were able to pull the overhead harnesses down further and click me in tighter every time. There was only one ride that I decided to forgo, and it was solely because of the angle at which my legs would be bent. Two years ago I couldn't bend my left leg pretty much at all due to my severe osteoarthritis. This year I've competed in a triathlon, skydived, and now rode the rides at Six Flags. I am hoping that continued weight loss, strength training, therapy, and other workouts will get me that range of motion to where I can ride the Iron Rattler too.
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Wooo Brookielaw, that is so great. I can't wait to fit into rides too! I'm glad you had a blast :D You've done so many impressive things, what an inspiration ^_^