Hot, Hot, Hot and Sweaty!

Options
mich0718
mich0718 Posts: 13 Member
I had a full hysterectomy about 6 years ago and have taken no hormones for the past three years. I still have hot flashes and night sweats, I thought this would be gone by now. Should I consider any type of hormone replacement.

I have managed to loose 25 lbs since January but have been stuck for the last 3 weeks sticking to 1200 calories a day but my scales won't budge, wondering if the lack of hormones has anything to do with my problem. I am also getting tested for Diabetes in a week, it runs rampant in my family, my am fasting blood sugar has been ranging from 93 to 101 so I don't think that is really the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Can't really offer any advice on the hormone replacement since I've never done that. (I suffer through the occasional hot flash and regular night sweats!)

When I got stuck at a plateau the first time, I changed up my exercise routine by adding running (I hated running, but finished the Couch to 5k program and don't hate it anymore.) That helped me get the scale moving again.

As I got closer to my goal weight, I adjusted my weight loss goal from 2 lbs a week to 1.5, then to 1, then to .5 thus increasing my calories slowly. This helped me get through another plateau and the weight eventually came off. Maybe 1200 calories isn't enough for you?