Weekly check in?

Options

Replies

• LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Help the weekend got me. I gained 1 lb. with hubby's birthday supper then Mother's day all wrapped into one. I did an ouch. Now need to get that off plus for wed tops and here.

Linda in Northern Ontario.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Jeanmrob: Thanks for the Happy Mother's Day wishes.

NCbeachgirl27: Welcome to the group. I know exactly how you feel. To me my need to lose 25 lbs didn't sound like much, but it was a struggle. I've lost 14 lbs and the doc says I'm at a healthy weight now. Still trying (almost 2 years now) to lose the last few lbs; those seem to be the hardest. I've been the same weight--up/down 2lbs--for the last 8 or 9 months. Very frustrating.
    ince you are on this site and involved in tops, I know you can/will accomplish your goal. Good luck.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Checking in since I haven't weighed myself until this a.m. from vacation. Lost 3.5 pounds since my last loss on 4/26. I'm happy about it!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow 60's and over - My name is Holly and I just joined MFP last Monday. This group was recommended to me by alexandriabenson - thank you. I will not officially be 60 until May 28th but I know this is the Group for me. Love that we will check in each weekly - helps with accountability and support.
    I'm from Atlantic Canada and have retired (took a bridge) a year ago and have not left my couch much since then. Really having difficulty getting myself moving, so I'm hoping this site and group is the motivation I need to get moving.

Will check back with everyone on Wednesday

Holly

Holly, I could only walk 1/2 mile on track at 2 mph. That was mid-January. Four months later, I can easily do 2 miles at 4 mph. I thought I would do 5 days a week to start, but ended up doing 6. Just start slowly and it will become not only easier, but enjoyable. I walked from the mechanic's garage home after leaving my car this a.m. That was a mile. Got antsy waiting so walked 1.5 miles to/around/from park. I love walking. I also do the stationary bike and some light weights.
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Help the weekend got me. I gained 1 lb. with hubby's birthday supper then Mother's day all wrapped into one. I did an ouch. Now need to get that off plus for wed tops and here.

Sorry for the late reply! I'll bet quite a bit of that gain is water weight. Stuff is soooo salty!
    The good news is that today isn't the weekend celebration, and you have the chance to get right back to plan - watch your sodium, eat right, drink your water and maybe do one extra round of whatever exercise you do.

That pound gain will be history shortly! (As long as you don't let a couple of bad days turn into a bad week which turns into a bad month....)

I have confidence in you! :drinker:
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well done Grandmothercharlie - it is always a challenge to lose weight after a holiday. Good for you on your walking as well, you have really increased your fitness levels since January. Shows that consistent work and commitment pays off.

I think my "inner gazelle" is finding its way back to me - see my May challenge post. A few years ago I started running and was doing really well, but then got in a bit of a slump, depression etc - anyway this morning I actually felt like I was running again (slowly) as opposed to just putting one foot in front of the other! Hope it lasts.

Last week I was down to one pair of trousers for work, I bought them before Christmas thinking they were a size 14 (UK) but they were a 12 - bought them with 2 others that were 14 and I had tried on. The 14's have been relegated to the attic now - too big, which is good as after Christmas i couldn't get into them, and the 12 is OK- ish but getting baggy - they are stretch so were quite tight when I managed to get into them at the end of March. However, yesterday I was able to put on my size 10 trousers, so maybe for 2 weeks I will have 2 pairs I can alternate before the 12 finally becomes too big. Still a long way off being able to get back into the M&S size 8 I bought 2 years ago - I only fitted into them for about 6 months - maybe I'll not get into them anyway - the fat seems to be just sitting over my hips and belly and not moving this time. I don't really want to buy a new pair but think I will have to - fed up of just wearing plain black all the time. Not so much change in the tops - they were all getting too tight and looking horrible before, now they are OK. Big bust that stays an E or F cup so tend to buy a 14 or 12 although I had started getting a 16 because I had put on so much weight around my back.

If the weather ever gets summery here I have some nice casual clothes that fit again - maybe even wear them for work, but that seems a long way off at the moment, I'm such a cold person!!

Hope every one is doing well - I've come on to chat a day early in case I won't get a chance tomorrow.
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Thank you
    Ker 95 for the encouragement just to much leftover all over yesterday to do well. I just love a turkey sand. so of course had 1/2 of one. So did well but ate a little over last night. Oh well now everything is put away in the freezer the turkey gravy ended up in my homemade dog food. They can run it off lol.

So today needs to be very good. Might not have a loss tomorrow but as long as I don't gain back what I lost last week.
    Today is to the doctors and I will ask if I can start walking more than 5 min. And also about the water this water restriction is tough.

See you all lighter
  • retiredholly54
    retiredholly54 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement - started yesterday with Walk at Home and did the mile, so I'm on my way

Holly:happy:
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    53WelshLady, you are so close to your goal and you are down in sizes. How wonderful for you.
    Claudine
  • alexandriabenson
    Options
    Hi Holly. I'm so glad you joined this group. I hope we can all help each other. I have not done well this week due to eating out too much. I felt discouraged this morning and decided to skip my exercise group but at the last minute I changed my mind and I went and felt so much better afterwards. I will check in tomorrow, even if I didn't loose any weight. Good luck to you.:smile:
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words Claudine.

It is an effort sometimes but I know the results make it worthwhile. I am really miserable when I put on the pounds, but I just like good food and my portions just get too big. Self restraint is not easy but I have managed much better this time by just cutting out bread pasta potatoes etc. oh and wine of course!
    Jen
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    Good morning. I am just checking in. I am doing ok. I am down 5 lbs since I started here. Still 60 to 65 lbs to go but I have made a good start. Good luck to everyone.
  • retiredholly54
    Options
    Check in - down 4 - Hope to do better this week - more exercise, stay away from chips and booze - I think I have to increase my good protein as I'm hungry in the evenings - I don't eat many complex carbs breads, pasta etc.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Holly:flowerforyou:

PS - How do you get the little bar that shows your progress?

I think I found the answer -not sure
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    Sorry I didn't realize how many new people we have. WELCOME we are so glad you joined us. Anyone who wishes to is welcome to add me as a friend
    Hope you all have a great week until next check in.
  • retiredholly54
    Options
    Hi Holly. I'm so glad you joined this group. I hope we can all help each other. I have not done well this week due to eating out too much. I felt discouraged this morning and decided to skip my exercise group but at the last minute I changed my mind and I went and felt so much better afterwards. I will check in tomorrow, even if I didn't loose any weight. Good luck to you.:smile:

Hey Alexandria - We are in this together - had the same type of week as you, but hey it's a brand new week - we will do better!
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ditto to all the new posts. I understand about the booze, my weakness used to be wine (till about a month ago when I broke my ankle, not due to drinking but from hiking.) in any case wine and pain pills don't mix, in addition to hopping on one foot.... So, I am with you on the road to moderation and temporary sacrifices for the well being of our health.
    Claudine
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I am just checking in. I am doing ok. I am down 5 lbs since I started here. Still 60 to 65 lbs to go but I have made a good start. Good luck to everyone.

I think I need my glasses on. I believe I commented on this twice. LOL
  • californiagirl1950
    Options

Very good job on losing 5 lbs! Shows it can be done.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Hey all,

Ker kindly started a new week for us so our check ins do not run a mile long. Come on over and check in and let us know how the week went. HOpe to see you there.
  • alexandriabenson
    Options
    Well done Holly; you have made an amazing start....two thumbs up! :smile: