I Need Some Advice on Endurance and Exerise

Options
Agatefairy
Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. I haven't been on MFP very long, but I log in every day. If anyone needs support, encouragement, or just someone to vent too-please feel free to add me.

I need some advice on fatigue, fibromyalgia, and exercise endurance. I have been working out almost every day for 45-80mn a day now for about a month, and all of the sudden BAM! My energy and endurance are almost completely depleted. I'm suffering from fibro fog, and am having great difficulty remembering anything. I'm stiff, achy-you get the picture. I had a spinal fusion about two years ago, and I gained copious amounts of weight because of it. I never rehabilitated myself after my surgery, so here I am doing it now. I was wondering if any of you have experienced a sudden drop in energy even though you're exercising every day-exercising is supposed to help after all (according to some studies and my doctor). I have lost 12 pounds, and my muscles are getting stronger. I don't want to lose the progress I've made so far. I've thought about reducing my exercise time and just doing yoga and cardio until I feel better, but I'm not sure if that will backfire and I'll feel worse. Please just share your thoughts and experiences with me if you can. I feel very lost at the moment.

Thank you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• juliekaska
    juliekaska Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow!- that is an awesome amount of exercise. I asked my doctor why on some days my thighs burn and I got exhausted just walking the stairs -the one flight that I go up and down everyday- Her comment was that the amount of water and carbohydrates that you consume in a day can be a factor in how you feel. Consult your doctor. I also found some information on a sight about stretching called Injury Fix that pertained to fibromyalgia. Check it out. Good luck.
  • Sivangj
    Sivangj Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I do experience that every Winter more or less.
    This year were the hardest, The fatigue got me in Desember so were no way I had the energy for work. Did get out on small walks with my dog but slept more or less the rest of the day. Not feeling much as a good mom and wife. Felt better in middle of January and started up 50 % of my 100 % work just to get back on the bottom.
    Now I try changeing my diet to see if that might help. In a Group on facebook more or less all seem to have had good help when reducing sugar, flour and semi-finished food
    Just have had the diagnosis for a little more then a year. So would love all feedback there is on how to get the symptomes before the fatigue get real bad.
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I understand! I feel the same! I just say move and exercise when you can and eat healthy and don't give up! I'll send a friend request (others can send me one). I'm a married mom of 4 and have had fibro for over 20 years.
  • godsmissiongal
    Options
    This is my first post in this group but I would like to encourage you to keep at it. You are doing great. What I have found that helps is finding a doctor that will listen to you and your body. Make sure they run blood tests to see if you are deficient in any vitamins (especially B12 and D). When I am taking vitamin D (lots of it) regularly I feel so much better. As soon as I stop taking it the pain becomes unmanageable again. Also try going on the anti-inflammation diet. Which means cutting out all dairy, red meat, soy, eggs (i don't cut this out because I am not sensitive to this), all processed food including lunch meats, nightshade veggies (potatoes, eggplant, and tomatoes), all white grains and sugar. This diet is said to help greatly with pain management for most people. If you try this and tell yourself you are simply allergic to all of the above mentioned foods and still do not find relief and weight loss try also cutting down on the whole wheat breads that contain gluten as some suggest that gluten insensitivity can produce pain in people with fibromyalgia. Also make sure you are taking a good quality probiotic and multivitamin. 3 veggies per meal. Try going as organic as possible. If you keep the eggs in the above mentioned diet make sure they are free range brown chicken eggs (organic) or Organic duck eggs (these are delicious but very expensive). I have found that when I am very vigilant about what I am putting in my mouth and not just watching the number of calories I am eating I feel much much better. I have had fibro (diagnosed) for 8 years now and I am only 29. I have had symptoms since I was about 12 years old though that have come and gone depending on my level of health (diet and exercise). I have never been on any type of medication for the fibro except for vitamins and the occasional Aleve (last night after a very hard workout with my personal trainer was the first time in months taking any pain meds for the fibro because they simply do not work for me). I am very overweight (214 lbs on my 5 foot 4 inch frame) and am looking forward to doing everything in my power to fee better and healthier. Much luck in feeling better yourself. For those of us blessed with bodies that tell us constantly that we are doing something unhealthy to ourselves...stay strong and keep moving. Please feel free to friend me.