Just Started Atkins - Share Your Experiences

Options
13»

Replies

• VaporDeb
    VaporDeb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So now I'm on day 15 and not super happy with the weight loss so far...but I'm one of the 3 who lost 30 lbs in 90 days about 4 years ago...so between everyone on this forum who does so well and my past personal experiences I'm keeping the faith. I remember 4 years ago I lost nothing at all in the first 2 weeks so...I'm really doing great!!!

Here is a great Atkins Induction recipe link: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=313288

Best wishes to everyone!!
  • elektra1972
    Options
    Okay so the few glasses of wine i had has had no affect on my weight loss. So pleased with myself. i measured and weighed my self earlier and i have lost 1.5 inch from tummy, 1 inch from boobs, and one inch from waist, also yippppeeee down to 63 kilos...... :laugh:
    68159116.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • elektra1972
    Options
    vapordeb, :smooched: Thanks for the recipe link, been really stuck on what to cook. With kids and a husband who love pasta, rice and potaoes i have found it a chore to make 6 meals per day 3 for the family and three for me...lol
  • merlynn
    merlynn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Elektra: my fiancée is a runner and really into carbs, so I make a big batch of Jasmine rice in the rice cooker (so easy!) and bake about 5 sweet potatoes once or twice a week. Then I microwave and serve that with whatever protein and veggies (frozen or fresh from garden) I am having. That way we get our different meals, but I'm not "cooking" 2 different meals every night. I also cook a family pack of chicken thighs at once, so I only have to cook a couple of times a week. The rest of the time it's leftovers.

It looks funny cooking huge quantities of food for 2 people, but it saves me so much time!
  • elektra1972
    Options
    Thanks merlynn, I am starting to get the hang of it now..lol. However i do hate watching them eat all the carby food i used to enjoy. Went out with the family last night and i only ate a meat chop, kids had pizza and husband has meat, fries, rice and lots of bread... Was horrible to witness. But i stayed strong... :smile:
  • maranza
    maranza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of induction for me. Have had a headache (not bad and Advil took care of it) but had the most horrible stomach ache yesterday - not the need to go to the bathroom kind but it just ached all day - a dull ache. Really kinda scared me so I tried the chicken broth last night and it went away. The damnedest thing. Anyway my biggest challenge is wanting something sweet especially at night. Bought sugar free jello yesterday and it is a passable substitution.

Looking forward to this journey. I think the low carb thing is possible. Want to lose around 50 - 60 pounds (OMG!). 53 years old and if not now - then when?
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You're in the same range both weight wise and age wise as me and I know what you are talking about with family eating their usual foods! I also felt really bad at the beginning, really I felt pretty bad up till about day 11 :frown: Sorry! But everyone kept saying that it would pass and it has! So happy! :bigsmile: My weight loss was significant in the first week: around 14 lb, but now it has come to a halt almost (as far as the scales are concerned). I'm not concerned about the halt it's been a few days at the same weight, but I really think this is kind of normal. Now we are down to burning fat!
  • Bippsbabe2005
    Options
    Hello All!

My name is Chelsie. I am new to the Atkins lifestyle. Although, I've been with mfp for quite some time. I actually did the mfp without set "restrictions". I did loose about 45 pounds from the time I started back in September of 2012. I did gain about 10 pounds back in the last 6 months or so. I just had moment of realization that I will and I CAN loose the weight to accomplish my ultimate goal. NO set backs or excuses!

I feel the Atkins lifestyle will help me pace myself as well as pace myself through teaching myself how to eat more healthy without such a high carb intake. Carb were a HUGE part of my lifestyle before. I need to take control of this issue and know I can lead a healthy life without all "crap".. lol!

Anyways, feel free to friend me if you'd like. I'm all about the motivation and support. I'm here to get fit and help/cheer ppl along the way of their journey. :flowerforyou: