Proud Flesh

Options
luckypony71
luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
anyone use Equiade for proud flesh. Just bought some for a spot on Chico's leg. Had the vet cut it off two weeks ago but with the FL moisture it grew back. I read the reviews on the internet and I think it will work, plus they have a money back guarantee.

Replies

• epiphany29
    epiphany29 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Honestly the best thing for proudflesh is keeping it trimmed back well, and bandaged. I find most topicals to be of little extra use. Although a few veterinarians suggest a steroid cream may help.

I hope the money back guarantee works. Again, in my hands (and hundreds of wound) nothing topical has been the magic solution.

Pip
  • luckypony71
    Options
    Honestly the best thing for proudflesh is keeping it trimmed back well, and bandaged. I find most topicals to be of little extra use. Although a few veterinarians suggest a steroid cream may help.

I hope the money back guarantee works. Again, in my hands (and hundreds of wound) nothing topical has been the magic solution.

Pip

Do you wrap it the entire time? Vet told me wrap for a couple days then leave uncovered. He also gave me a steroid powder. It still grew back even though I scrubbed and followed his directions. I figured this was cheaper than another vet visit, if I don't see results in a few days like it claims to do I will return it and call Dr. G again.
  • epiphany29
    epiphany29 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I generally at least wrap until the wound is small enough to scab over and there is a good progression of new skin around the edges. I think the pressure helps make for less need for trimming. I know some advocate less bandaging, it just hasn't been as helpful in my hands.

Pip
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I LOVE EquiAid - totally worth it - and it works. Just put a little on and leave it alone - depending on where the location is, if the horse doesnt rub it off, you only need a couple applications.

Since purchasing it the first time Ive purchased it again and again for cuts and scrapes she gets too - if it dries out just add a half a drop of waster and you are good to go!
  • luckypony71
    Options
    That's good to know. chico always gets cuts and stuff on his legs. I don't know what he does. This one just won't heal right. Vet has been out 3 times in the last 2 months. I think it is the FL moisture