Acne

Options
HI All
I've been "keto" for almost a month now and really loving it. My skin...does not. I have broken out worse than ever in my whole life. I was told this could be a symptom of candida die off because I'm not supplying sugar to feed it any more. Has anyone else had acne and did it clear up? Do I need to cut out dairy maybe? So sad if I have to!

Replies

• albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I've had no issues like that, hopefully anyone who has can respond positively, or with some suggestions ...

Good luck!
  • Caeyla
    Caeyla Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would give it a bit more time. I have a little acne that seemed to be getting worse even before starting this time. The first couple weeks it seemed to get even worse, but lately has been much better. I would give it at least a couple more weeks (especially if this is your first time) because your body is going through a big transition, and it has to have time to adapt..
  • shanniem1
    shanniem1 Posts: 35
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I've always had bad skin. Stayed broke out ALL the time. This WOE has cleared my skin up almost completely. Even my hair is shinier. Give it a little longer, hopefully yours will clear up too!
  • smedynski
    smedynski Posts: 20
    Options
    Give it some time. Make sure you are staying hydrated with plenty of water and if it doesn't improve maybe test at least limiting dairy? Since switching to Keto my skin has been so clear, even my occasional (and painful!) cystic acne that I would get around that time of the month has vanished. So there is hope! Just give it time :)
  • healthieramanda
    healthieramanda Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've had pretty bad acne most of my life and it appears to clear up on Keto.
  • shanniem1
    shanniem1 Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks all for the help! I actually find it is finally "healing up" now with only a few more new spots this morning! If this clears up my ACNE I will be a lifer! I have always had "BAD" skin but it has NEVER been this bad. I definitely need to remember to drink more water! I made cucumber mint water for my first bottle today:)