Biotin??? HELP ME! lol

Options
JenaOnTrack74
JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
Ok so I remember this came up in another thread, (I've searched and can't find it again) and when I went to a suppoert group the other day both ladies there said to start now taking Biotin. I go onto Amazon.com and there are like a million and one to choose from! :noway:

Can anyone recommend which Biotin I could start with now, as you may know I am PRE-OP. I am reading reviews and pretty much they all get good reviews I just don't know if I should take 1,000, 5,000 or 10,000 mcg???? Maybe a lower 'dose' now and higher POST Op?? Any help is greatly appreciated. :heart:

Replies

• april731
    april731 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist recommended 5,000 per day. I'm not sure if there are reasons for higher/lower. I would recommend getting one that is either sublingual or chewable/disolvable so you won't have to switch after surgery. I get it at Costco.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    biotin helps with hair loss, sort of
    , some say it works , some it doesnt, it didnt bother me ,

like post partum hair loss, its literally the only time my hair is smooth and managable is when half of it falls out !

LINK to Web md search for biotin - looks like 25 mcg. triple that for post op...
  • Dannadl
    Dannadl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I took Biotin for hair loss post op. But it really didn't help. I'm 2 years post op now and the hair loss stopped a long time ago and my hair has all grown back in and is just like it was before surgery.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I take a 5000\per day dose and get it at Wallgreens or Walmart. Get most of my supplements at Walmart now. Much cheaper and it's where my bariatric nurse shops for hers, (she's a R\Y 13 years ago). I haven't lost hair that I can tell, (I've always been a prod=fuse shedder anyway). My labs have always been good so I guess it's working!