May Goals (in honor of our cruise happy leader)!

Options
RunFarLiveHappy
RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
Okay everyone, shoot!

Run 200 miles
1 half marathon (2:20 or close)
1 10M (1:45 or close)
Stay within calorie goal and track everything ALL MONTH religiously for the first time since the fall
30 minutes exercise daily
Lose 4 pounds

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    -Start to enjoy running again (I'm in a bit of a slump)
    -Kick butt on my HM training
    -Stay healthy for my HM
    -Lose 5 pounds. Kind of ambitious but I lost 5 pounds in April so going to try to do it again in May.
    -Keep up my strength/cross-training schedule
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Okay everyone, shoot!

Run 200 miles
    1 half marathon (2:20 or close)
    1 10M (1:45 or close)
    Stay within calorie goal and track everything ALL MONTH religiously for the first time since the fall
    30 minutes exercise daily
    Lose 4 pounds

Great goals (and I didn't know you had that much to lose, you run so fast speed demon!).

My goals:
    run at least 4 times per week
    115 miles for the month
    long run of 8 miles minimum once a week
    strength training minimum once a week (new goal--need it for knee pain!!)
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Lose 4 pounds

Great goals (and I didn't know you had that much to lose, you run so fast speed demon!).

My goals:
    run at least 4 times per week
    115 miles for the month
    long run of 8 miles minimum once a week
    strength training minimum once a week (new goal--need it for knee pain!!)

I would be happy with 25 pounds but 50 would even be better lol. Both are within my healthy range. Also, I'm not that speedy!!! THANK YOU THOUGH!!! ????????????

We're all going to dominate May!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I ran over 85 miles in April. This is the most miles I have ever run in one month.

My goals for May are to run 85 miles again. It will be hard because I will be on the road a lot.

Also stay at or below maintenance despite not being home much of the month. So stay at the same weight or lose a bit.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I hit 100 miles for the first time in April so I would like to do a little more in May. Already off to a bad start skipping a 5-mile run due to a cold & fever.

Other than that, just following my coach's training plan and doing the slow buildup for marathon training.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    90 miles for May.
    Pick back up on a descent XT schedule...and maybe do a few double days.
    Get to the dog park every single day I am off work.
    Swap 1 road run with 1 trail run at least once a week.
    Get a decent time on my 10K on the 16th.
    Eat all the BBQs at the Memphis BBQ Fest.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Now that I am able to run again I want to stick to a regular running schedule.
    Go cycling once a week and try and restart weight training again.
    Lose 2lb (preferably more but I'd be happy with 2!)
    Try and stay injury free :D
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    15 weekly miles.
    Daily stretching. I'm trying to work it in a million times a day rather than once for 10 minutes
    Resistance training 6 days a week.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    15 weekly miles.
    Daily stretching. I'm trying to work it in a million times a day rather than once for 10 minutes
    Resistance training 6 days a week.

I was doing the 15 miles and then I got sick. Also fell off the wagon with the stretching. However, I got a Bosu ball and spent a lot of the weekend draped over that, so there's home.

I've been being pretty consistent with the resistance training (except for being sick).
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    90 miles for May.
    Pick back up on a descent XT schedule...and maybe do a few double days.
    Get to the dog park every single day I am off work.
    Swap 1 road run with 1 trail run at least once a week.
    Get a decent time on my 10K on the 16th.
    Eat all the BBQs at the Memphis BBQ Fest.

Going to hit my 90 mile target....
    I have done some XT...no where near as much as I should. Going to be another goal for next month.
    Got to the dog park a lot, but not as much a I wanted. Need to improve on this.
    Need to do better on the trail runs. Did a few but not as much as I want to.
    Can in 3rd in my AG at the 10K!
    Ate a crap load of BBQ at the Memphis BBQ Fest!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I ran over 85 miles in April. This is the most miles I have ever run in one month.

My goals for May are to run 85 miles again. It will be hard because I will be on the road a lot.

Also stay at or below maintenance despite not being home much of the month. So stay at the same weight or lose a bit.
    No idea how much I've run this month, but doubt that it was 85 miles. I was fine in the beginning of the month and did run while on vacation, but no more than 2-4 miles at a time, every other day. To reach this goal I would have had to run more often or longer.

I'm at the same weight as the beginning of the month, so did manage that.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Now that I am able to run again I want to stick to a regular running schedule.
    Go cycling once a week and try and restart weight training again.
    Lose 2lb (preferably more but I'd be happy with 2!)
    Try and stay injury free :D

I have stuck to my running schedule and have been weight training 3 times a week. Only managed 1 cycle ride. Lost 1lb, happy with that as I didn't think I was going to lose anything! And I am injury free (pretty much)
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I hit 100 miles for the first time in April so I would like to do a little more in May. Already off to a bad start skipping a 5-mile run due to a cold & fever.

Other than that, just following my coach's training plan and doing the slow buildup for marathon training.

119 miles for May. That's my highest monthly mileage ever. Next month builds up even more. The coming week I have to run 6 days in a row. If I can get through June without any major pain I'll be happy!