http://goo.gl/KBuuHx

Replies

• SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Really good read, thanks
  • washingtonred
    Options
    I've been reading more and more of these types of reports lately.

I find it interesting how many people will follow some so called expert blindly (yes, I'm guilty as well) just because they said this is how it supposed to be!

I've been doing a lot of research (I always have about 3-4 books going at one time) and this is why I decided to go the paleo/primal lifestyle (I have 2T of half n half a day and Kerry gold butter a few times a week).

My nutritionist & doctor wanted me eat more of a Mediterranean diet, but I didn't feel well eating that way. I also can't do a really low carb diet either, so after researching I landed on paleo. I'm not knocking those two eating plans they just didn't work for me.

I feel paleo is the best of both worlds :flowerforyou:
    Red
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Whenever a few scientist get together and say something profound and then gets the government and the media to back them, it is something I will completely distrust. Queue most "Top News Stories" of the last few decades maybe centuries, (you guys can all fill in the blanks). The issue is, I love science and what it has to offer but when it becomes like "High School" and the exclusion of rational and well thought out counterpoints to the general thesis comes along (and it it usually is immediate) the ones with government backing will bully and cow down and even eject the others from their community, even destroying their careers in the process. This happens all the time from what I have seen and it ruins the scientific community as a whole.
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yes! Sadly it has taken 50+ years of people's health going to crap due to the recommended high-carb, low-fat diet recommendations.