Would someone please critique my diary for the last week ?

I_love_frogs
I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
On my 7th day of Keto, and I am just trying to be sure that I have the basics down.

I just want to be sure I am doing it correctly, and that I grasped the concepts please.

Much appreciated!

Oh if needed, my ratios are :

1600 calories total

20% Protein...... (324 cals 81g)
6% Carbs.......... (100 cals 25g)
74% Fat............ (1176 cals 131g)

This is from the http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

Replies

• Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Only thing I noticed about some of your days is that I dont see many green veggies in there. Lettuce broccoli or green beans. Your fiber seems ok for the most part, but if you are having issues with bowel movements, or lack of them. I would suggest you eat more veggies. This diet can cause constipation.
  • I_love_frogs
    No issues at all with BM's...I am trying to get more veggies in. I have been slipping spinach in the egg drop soup etc and in the F. Eggs.

There is a little more than you see right off.

Thanks for taking a looksee for me :)
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Hi there! It looks like you've got the hang of it. The food choices are all great!! The only suggestion I would make is, especially for the first couple of weeks, to try to stay around 20 grams of net carbs (carbs -fibre), I've been told to watch the grams more so than the precentage for carbs. Other than that it looks good. :)
  • I_love_frogs
    Thats been the hard part...keeping the carbs down. Mostly I do ok but its just grrrrr when the veggies make me go over in carbs :(

At least today, although the carbs are technically over my limit, the net is 5 so I am still under.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Keep your veggies low for first 2-3 weeks, especially the ones with sugars. Stick to lettuce,spinach or green leafy veggies instead of mushrooms and onions. Once you get fat adapted, you can add other vegetables. If you have problem with bowel movements, phylum husk is your friend.
  • I_love_frogs
    Thank you...

The mushroom and onion were an oh crap choice ...the original veggies didn't come out right and were terrible. I realized afterward that they were a bad choice. However, I know better now :)