Week 3. Day 1: WEIGH IN!!!

Options
Alright guys... half way there. How's is everyone holding up???

I know this is where we will see people slipping away from challenge and out of motivation. For those of you that are keeping up with it, I'm proud of you and you should be SO proud of yourself. IT is easy for life to get in the way of committing to a healthy lifestyle.

So... here we go!

I'll kick it off.

1) Start weight/ Current weight:

170/165. Two lbs since last week. Was hoping for three, but I'll take it!

2) What's working for you/ what isn't?

NO night time snacking/night time snacking, haha!! As soon as let myself in the mind frame of "it's just one apple" at 10:00pm , before I know it I've eaten an apple, half a sleeve of saltines, and hot chocolate with way too much whipped cream. I just gotta keep the "NO" going.

3) This is where people usually slip up and give up. What are you doing to keep your motivation at the level is was at when we first started?

When we first started we has to tell everyone our inspiration. Mine was the "me" before I put on the weight and the fact that I'm moving out to the west coast at the end of this to start a new life. That date is coming closer and closer and I'm keeping myself in check because I know how badly I want to look my best when I get out there. I just keep telling myself "you got this, you can do this, don't give up!"

Replies

• lwynd002
    lwynd002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm holding up okay!

Starting weight: 144 lbs
    Current weight: 141.4 lbs (so -1.6 pounds from last week!)

I am very happy with my results for this week as I had a few mini-binges a couple times. I think this has been due to not eating enough calories back from my workouts. Towards the end of this week, I started eating back more calories and I feel more satisfied. I've been drinking a glass of water before and after my meals to help me feel more full and his has been working. Also, I cut out dairy, crackers, chips, fried foods as stated last week, but I felt it to be too restrictive and difficult. So, I decided to allow myself a couple cookies for dessert and hope to learn portion control. I will let you guys know how this next week goes!

My motivation continues to be my brother's graduation at the end of this----and the fact that a good majority of my clothes don't fit. It's getting hotter and hotter and sweat clothes isn't cutting it!!!
  • xprincesspunkyxx
    xprincesspunkyxx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1) SW:250
    CW:243 Loss this week 2 lbs

2) Being back to work this week has really helped me. I was on vacation all last week and it was like a train wreck waiting to happen. I find that when i'm busy or when I bring only what i'm supposed to eat, I do a lot better! On Friday they had a promotion party at work for 2 of the girls who are moving on to higher positions. There was cake there and that is my one weakness. I figured that it's a one time thing and we were all enjoying our time....so, I took a small piece. I weighed myself the next day and ugh!!! I really don't feel guilty though. I've worked so hard to get to where I am and a little reward some times keeps me going! Let's just hope nobody else promotes for awhile! :laugh:

3) My motivation has stayed high because, I not only look better but, I feel GREAT! It's amazing how much energy I have now compared to before I started my journey. I have no desire to ever go back to where I was now that I've found this new source of energy.....plus new clothes in smaller sizes always makes me want to keep going
  • BreeeRN
    BreeeRN Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    205/201.8

This week has been much better than last week, as I've felt like I've lost my appetite for the most part! Last week was full of crazy binges and always feeling hungry no matter what. I hope this decreased appetite stays with me for a while. :)
  • greensmoothie007
    greensmoothie007 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

124lbs/122lbs loss of 2 since the beginning. Yay!

Still in the honeymoon phase bc I'm feeling pretty good. Made some good choices (passing up cake, not eating out).

3) This is where people usually slip up and give up. What are you doing to keep your motivation at the level is was at when we first started?

I'm using a motivational word for this challenge...word "Grit". It is what I fall back on when I want to do what is easy. I tell myself to just power through, hang in there. It is easy to quit (I have done it so many times)...lets see what I can do when I hang in there. Summer is coming up, I want to look my best.

The next 2 weeks and 2 pounds are when I normally start to falter :( Send me a message if you don't see me here!!!
  • ProjectCali
    ProjectCali Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks for hanging in there guys!! You're soldiers!

I'm hoping everyone is still in it, just not posting. As long as they're doing what they need to do to stay in the game!

You guys should all be SO freakin' proud. Losing is not easy and we're all making it happen!!!
  • chaegyung2
    chaegyung2 Posts: 4
    Options
    1) SW: 167 CW: 164.4 (1 lb. down from last week)

Working:
    *Not eating after 8 PM.
    *Attempting to reach my goal of 10,000 steps/day. Doesn't always happen but since I've started trying, it keeps me at least in maintenance mode.
    *Staying within 1200-1400 calories.

Not Working:
    *A bad cold that basically made me lose 3 days of working out at the end of the week. Have spent the weekend under the weather so not able to exercise as much as I had intended to.
    *There was a birthday party this week so I couldn't resist eating a little birthday cake.:p

Not giving up. Looking at my favorite online shops keeps me motivated because I want to be able to wear those cute clothes that only seem to be available in a 2,4, 6,or 8 or XS, S, and M. Also the desire to drop 2 dress sizes by the time my summer birthday comes around keeps me focused on my goals.
  • manders0523
    manders0523 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

232/221 (down 1lb this week)

Working: Staying positive, Cooking my own meals, bringing my own snacks to work, having a great support system.

No working: Being sick last week, working over 40 hours in a week, being tired from work.

I was sick last week lost 10lbs and gained back three and stayed motivated because I wanted to make sure I could say I lost one lb this week. Worked out four times this week. I have a lot more energy and seem to function with less sleep. At work the girls complement me all the time because they can see a big difference. They are stoked to watch my journey. I am only 6lbs away from my summer time goal and super stoked about it. I enjoy going to the gym and want to even do classes....kind of hard when they have them all when I work. My appetite seems to have gotten smaller. Week three is always the hardest from what I remember. Good luck everyone!!!
  • missy_girl001
    missy_girl001 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    ) Start weight/ Current weight:

SW: 165 / CW: 163. One pound gained since last weigh in.

Working for me: fitting in the workouts even when I feel like curling up on the couch.
    Not working for me: chinese buffet, work stress. I had a bunch of surprise projects come up last week with tight deadlines, which always creates a fair amount of stress. I find stress = less focus at the gm

3) What are you doing to keep your motivation at the level is was at when we first started?
    Motivation is still a trip to Hawaii in 17 days. I keep dragging out summer clothes that I want to bring and trying them to gauge how the weight loss is going. While I gained a pound this past week, I'm delighted to say that I'm down a size. And I had a NSV. I noticed that it's much easier to cross my legs now that I've lost some inches off my thighs. I'll keep an eye on the scale, but try to focus on the other victories to keep my motivation up.
  • mlm5537
    mlm5537 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    SW: 155.5 CW: 154.2

These numbers are a little deceiving, I think. I weighed in Saturday at 152.4 (down 2 pounds from last week). THEN I went out for my roommates birthday Saturday night :( I stuck to just two drinks (vodka and flavored water), but also ate a few chicken nuggets and fries from McDonald's. I think my current weight is a little bloated, we will see what tomorrow's weigh in looks like.

What's working for me/ what isn't?
    Working for me: menu planning, packing lunches at work
    Not working for me: my workouts feel intense, but I am not seeing the results I would like. I have been pretty regimented in my calorie intake (with the obvious weekend flub), and have been coming in at or under 1200 calories. After last week's disappointing weigh in, I opted to stop eating my calories earned working out. That is not working too well either, I guess.

I am OK with the scale not moving much, but I haven't seen the changes in my measurements that I am looking for either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
  • manders0523
    manders0523 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @mlm5537, Stay on it. I hardly ever eat my calories that I burn. I know I should because you can gain weight back that yhou lost a lot faster when you eat more. I try to workout 3-5 times a week. One day I will do 30-45 mins on the elliptical and then the next day I'll do 20 mins on the elliptical and then do weights for 20 mins. Toning helps with the inches. If the workout are too intense take a step back and slow it down.
  • bambi417
    bambi417 Posts: 9
    Options
    start weight 189 weight now 192 I have been going to the gym. Cutting calories. Hard to keep motivated.
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Gah... really, really late to the party this week, I know. Was out of town for the weekend and now cramming two months' worth of work into the next week as I have a show opening a week from tomorrow. Which is ALWAYS challenging sleep and food-wise. In the past it's been way too easy to just fall back on fast food for dinner when you're pulling an all-nighter at the theater :yawn: I'm going to work very hard to make things different this time.

I weighed in at 247 (the same as my starting weight.) Which is more holding steady than a gain, or at most perhaps a pound up as I suspect my rather optimistic 245.5 from before was a temporary fluctuation on the low side... between my birthday, the trip, and my show I should have considered things a little more carefully when joining this challenge and setting my rather aggressive goals. Not that I'm quitting... just revising the goal a bit and hoping with renewed effort to take off maybe 5 more by the end of the challenge, for a goal weight of 242.

If there is another challenge after this, I'm still in. I have no major distractions for most of the summer besides the odd cookout minefields. Being here has really has helped me a lot. :glasses:
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Crazy, crazy week. Finals.

SW- 289 W2D1: 286.2 CW- 286.2

No weight loss this week, I actually gained in the middle of the week.