Competition video from the NY Open

Options
spicegeek
spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
I don`t know if anyone is interested - this was the recording of my event a few weeks ago - 136 snatches with a 16KG bell - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVXZDUgBUms

Replies

• KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What's up with leaving 2 mins on the clock??? (kidding) Great job!

I don't personally practice the GS style, and I know there are different things about form for endurance. That being said, the lady on the other end made my wrist and elbow hurt with the "around the world" move she was doing on the way down. But everyone has their way I guess.
  • spicegeek
    Options
    yeah my coach already called me a ***** about the 8 mins !! - In my defense - I had been recruited 3.5 weeks before that event so limited training in competition style - which also explains my less than perfect form !! I`m working up to the 20KG for the next event in Aug - The style is quite different from what is generally taught - the competition bells are also a lot more awkward given their size - it is fun though !!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Great job! Snatches and jerks are my leas fave! Thanks for sharing!
  • KHattley
    KHattley Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well impressive!!! I do like snatches but haven't progressed from an 8KG. I do some double-armed swings, squats etc with a 12KG now but not snatches!!
  • spicegeek
    Options
    I am truly lucky I have a fantastic coach ( it is his voice you can hear constantly correcting me in the video !! ) - competition form is quite different from the form people generally learn for workouts - trust me I never imagined cranking out that many snatches .. ever ! It is easier that you may imagine once you know how !

I`m moving up to the 20KG for the next event - so right now I`m doing 4 min sets with the 20kg at about 12 reps per min and 2 min sets with the 22 kg at about 10 per min

My weekend volume sets with 16KG are up to 180 reps with switches every 20 -30 reps