Deload and new program

JeffseekingV
JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
Well not so much a new program but separating out squats and deads from being on the same day. Since I have to do that, it adds one more day of lifting. That in turn, allows me to move my superset routine around. Not quite finished with that but I'll list what I'll do this week. I'll probably have to modify next week.

Sun: Flat bench 185 x 9 / 3 sets SS with pullups 8 reps. Incline bench 135lbs x 8 / 3 sets SS with 85lb dumbbell row . Dumbell press 85lbs x 8 / 3 sets SS with 135lb barbell row.

Monday: Squat 185lbs x 3 / 3 sets SS with 40 / 45 / 45 dumbbell bicep curls. and SS with 40-45-45 dumbbell OHP. 135lb barbell powercleans SS with 2 OHP at the end of each set of 8 reps. Leg press 6 plates x 8 reps / 3 sets. SS with 95lb preacher curls.

Tuesday: Light chest 60-65-70 dumbells x 10 / 3 sets SS with shoulder flys? Dumbell incline 50-55-60 x 10 / 3 sets SS upright rows? 45-45-45 dumbbell flys SS with ? Add cardio for doms prevention.

Wed. Deads. Have no idea what to do with them. Maybe mobility. Split squats, Plyometrics?

Replies

• JeffseekingV
    Mon May 12th.

Squats top set was 225 x 8. SS with OHP. Top set was 105lbs x 8. Pretty easy. I used the dual axis squat rack. Since it has two sets of racks, I put a free bar on the back set of racks and used that for the OHP set up. Pretty good as both are contained and I only use 1 squat rack vs tying up two racks.

Power cleans 135lbs 3 sets of 8 with OHP on the last rep. Tried to do them w/o a bump

Normal leg press stuff. Feel okay today
  • JeffseekingV
    Tues. Only had 30-40 min. Light chest (was able to get 185lbs x 3 sets) SS with biceps and some jump rope
  • JeffseekingV
    So far, splitting the deads/squats and adding 1 more day has been working out. DOMS are more manageable. Not sure how this affects my running as my foot has been sore.

Note about DOMS, I've been doing 20 min of swimming tues/thurs so that might be helping
  • JeffseekingV
    Bench: 195lbs for 2 sets of 7. No spotter. Strength seems to be coming back by the use of higher reps. Light chest days are really light and I'll keep with that for the sake of the shoulder.
  • JeffseekingV
    Decided to do squats / ohp Monday to give more time to recover before Wed ball. Still sore today (Wed) but should be okay for ball later.

I was curious to see if that would hurt my bench the next day. Apparently now. Went up to 225lbs for 2 unassisted which is what my PR was before. So I think trying to improve my 7-8 rep weight is helping my 1-2 PR lifts. I'm almost at 205lbs for 8s.

Would like to get 225lbs for a 4 count before trying to a 1 rep PR though.