New Garmin Forerunner 15, gps watch/activity tracker combo

aswearingen22
aswearingen22 Posts: 271 Member
Hmmm, kind of wishing I would have known this was coming out! I just bought the VivoFit a few weeks ago and love it, but at first glance, this would have also been a good purchase. Although my forerunner 610 likely has a lot more features than this lower price point gps watch, and I've already gotten used to wearing my 610 on the left wrist and vivofit on the right when I run (then switch vivofit back to left wrist post run). Amazon shows it being released for sale on 5/30. And with the chest strap, it's only $30 more than the vivofit, definitely worth the $30 additional cost for anyone that runs that doesn't already have a gps watch. $40 more w/o the chest strap bundle.

http://garmin.blogs.com/my_weblog/2014/05/introducing-garmin-forerunner-15-a-gps-running-watch-with-heart-rate-and-daily-activity-tracking.html#.U2k9-oFdXXR

Replies

• rscotty2
    rscotty2 Posts: 2
    I've been eyeing the new forerunner myself. I purchased my Vivofit through REI for the express reason that I have return privileges for a year. I'm going to wait until I see some reviews from early adopters though as Garmin HW is often a bit buggy at release. Once its working properly, I'll likely pick one up.

I'm still disappointed that Garmin hasn't integrated the Vivofit with My Fitness Pal and are silent on the subject. I don't forsee MFP integration with the new Forerunner coming any time soon either.