Eating back excercise cals

Ok so am I supposed to eat back my excercise cals on a 1200 calorie diet ? It's only day two I'm confused most people say yes but what if I'm not hungry and still have some left to eat after excercise ?

Replies

• jellybeans37
    jellybeans37 Posts: 33 Member
    that is hard because people are very strongly opinionated about this. My thing honestly, if my body is not calling for food, then I won't eat back the calories. Mostly I eat some of them back, but I try to listen to my body. Plus, for me I don't do hard core working out, it is usually 60 cardio.
  • Aswennu
    Aswennu Posts: 57 Member
    I eat my extra exercise calories if I'm hungry, if I'm not starving or craving somethign super bad, then I don't.
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    I struggle with this too. Usually on my really hard workout days. I will chug a protein drink after a workout even if I'm not hungry.

To put this in perspective, usually the day after that work out is "eat everything in sight day" It's also when my body is in recovery from the night before ( I have to work out at night because I get up too early for work to allow for getting up even earlier to workout first).

From what I can tell, it seems to be fine if you get what you should within a 24 hr period.

My strength seems better too. I don't remember one rep max's from the other lifts, but my 1 rep for dead squats (deadlift with a trap bar[easier on the back and hips]) is 195. My current working weight is 190 x 5 reps. I can also carry 135 lbs for 100 yards with one stop.

Just my experience.
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    During the week I don't eat back any exercise calories at all. But come the weekend I do longer workouts and sometimes 2 or 3 a day and generally eat back the calories then because it's the weekend and I can't resist food! I presume that by not eating back exercise calories during the week when I don't want them it then balances out any over estimations that might be happening when I eat back my exercise calories on the weekend. It's a system that works for me :)