How's the diet going for everyone?

Options
haleyc717
haleyc717 Posts: 20 Member
Today was my first day coming in at exactly 1400 calories and not a single calorie over! It's been tough for me to keep my snacks to 100 cals, and also to cut out alcohol. I do love a glass of red wine at the end of the day... But today I did it! How is everyone else doing?

Replies

• kyedo
    kyedo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Calories were not too bad, but that is a lot of water. :)

Missed the walk after dinner, but did get one n after lunch.

Did weight training on Tuesday with only 3 exercises, still need to get that part ironed out as that seems like the most challenging part since it is very different than the normal go heavy.
  • BubblyBelinda
    BubblyBelinda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was eating less than that amount, so I've been challenged to go back up to 1400, but I've been doing OK so far this week. I can't get in all the water, I'm at about 10-12 glasses, but I'm trying.
  • haleyc717
    Options
    I have a 24oz water bottle that is very helpful. It has marker lines that count the ounces up the bottle, and a dial that goes around the top that I use to mark how many bottles I've had. It's just 5 bottles a day, plus one extra glass, and I have it with me everywhere I go, and just sip all throughout the day as I'm walking, sitting, working... etc. It helps a lot!
  • BubblyBelinda
    Options
    Oh, the water problem is 1) I have a small bladder, I have to get up and go about every 30 minutes now and and 1-2 times at night, and 2) I'm on an inbound call center, getting up every 30 minutes is frowned on. I don't think I can drink more and not have an accident soon!
  • ace2010
    ace2010 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am going to start the program on Monday. I am having a terrible time with finding the required food for the first 2 weeks. He says Soy is not good but Kashi-Go-Lean cereal is full of it. I can't find any of the dinners either. Oh yeah, 30 pounds in 30 days and none of the people in the book even come close to losing 30 pounds in 6 weeks even if you ad the muscle weight gain. Is this author OK/? He also says Almond milk has more protein than fat free. I downloaded the book. Did I get a different book on the inside this cover?

I just broke down each meals calories into protein, carbs and fat so I could improvise on the food. Is there something wrong with my book? Has anyone lost 15 pounds in six weeks or 3.81 pounds a week.
  • BubblyBelinda
    Options
    In reading his comments and an interview he gave to a Florida TV station, he does clarify that to lose 30 lbs in a month, you need to be an overweight man weighing about 250 lbs. For most people, it will be closer to 3-4 lbs a week. You can see the video from a link on his facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/ellingtondarden http://www.myfoxphilly.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=10124844
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i'm about to start, the drop to 1600 calories is a bit daunting to me but hopefully a gallon of cold water a day should quell my hunger?
  • haleyc717
    Options
    I Lost 3 lbs in the first week! I am 161 lbs now, so I'm certainly not a male that weighs 250. And I don't follow his meal plan exactly. I improvise everything and just try to balance my portions and nutrition percentages according to his guidelines. I like to cook, so I make all my own food, I measure, and I track my calorie on MFP.
  • kyedo
    Options
    The calorie count is not bothering me too much. The amount of water and the meal frequency are what is making it harder for me. I seem to do better at this during the week as my schedule is much more structured, but the weekend is a whole different story.

I do notice that the meal frequency and the water tend to help curb any hunger, so I really need to focus on getting that part down for the weekend.

Tuesday will be my 7th full day and sitting at a 6lb loss on Monday morning. Will have my second "negative accentuated" workout this evening, so hoping that I can knock a little more off before the end of my first full week.
  • kyedo
    Options
    Okay, first official week in the books.

Down a total of 10lbs

I did well staying at the lower calorie level.
    Got 2 days of resistance training, but only got in the after dinner walk on three days.
    Did well with the water intake and only missed the number on 2 days.

Very interested to see if I keep up this rate, since in the past it seems like I would lose 8-10 then stay in same range for a week or so and then break through for another big drop.
  • BubblyBelinda
    Options
    Wow! 10 lbs is awesome! I agree, you may not lose that much next week, the first week on any diet seems to have the greatest loss, but I'm sure if you keep up what you were doing, you'll still keep losing.

I've been struggling the last few days, but each day is a new day to succeed, so I'm still trying to follow all the fat bombs.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    im on a slipppery slope with the calories.. actually its not as hard as i thought and drinking the water keeps me more satisfied than i realized.. i'm down a little today but for me its too early to celebrate because i tend to lose the same 5-8 lbs and gain them back i think i'm down about 6 from last week.. next week will be the true indicator i guess
  • kyedo
    Options
    Alright, second full week completed the other day.
    Finished second week with a 4lb loss, for a total of 14 in two weeks.

Doing well on the calorie level, water, and weight training; but still not getting the nightly walks.
    Hope to improve on the walking routine in the coming week, as my son's Lacrosse season has just finished and there will be no more practices/games in the evenings to draw me away from my evening walk.

I do not anticipate any issues with the lowered calorie count this week, as I was often at that level during the first two weeks. Adding the between meal snacks and all the water has REALLY helped curb my appetite at my regular meals (especially dinner).
  • haleyc717
    Options
    Alright friends--I need a little help! I'm having trouble sticking to the calories and doing everything perfectly, just sticking to it on a daily basis. I've been having on and off perfect and then imperfect days and I've plateaued. I haven't lost any weight since the first 5 lbs I lost 2 weeks ago. I'm 23 years old and living in NYC, and I like having a social life, which in this city means going out for dinner and drinks often. I don't know how to balance this diet with my social life and I'm starting to get frustrated and discouraged... I'm doing good with the water every day, I'm still doing the workouts and cold showers, but my weight hasn't budged, and intact is creeping back up a tenth of a pound at a time. Help! Ideas anyone??
  • kyedo
    Options
    HaleyC, I think consistency is the key and making sure that the days that you do go off plan do not become a total train wreck.
    I try to remeber this mantra "Make The Better Choice". You always have choices while dining out, try to make the better choice whether that is picking the lighter item or consuming only half of a regular item.
    Try rotating different drinks, for example I will often have one Gin and Tonic and then just go with a couple of Tonic only drinks; or simply go with water in between drinks.

Just staying at it is often all it takes to break through to the next cycle of weight loss. I always fight the scale when I get close to breaking across a treshold; like going from the 250's to the 240's. I am pretty sure my body does not know that the scale is getting ready to click over to a new weight range, but it sure seems like it trys to hang on to that last pound.

Just keep at it, you got this.
  • BubblyBelinda
    Options
    Today on Amazon.com Dr. Darden replied to a reviewer with this comment: “as I was discussing the requirements, that the program was going to be challenging -- and furthermore, it was not for everyone... And it was not for people who had been on a low-carbohydrate/high-protein diet in the previous 6 months.”

Nowhere did I find in the book where he said this is not for people who had been on a low-carbohydrate/high-protein diet in the previous 6 months. I had been; I’ve been trying the plan for a month and have not lost any weight; I have increased my strength and my clothes are definitely a lot looser. I just sent him a question on Facebook asking: How long after going off the low-carbohydrate/high-protein diet and switching to your 50/25/25 would it take to start losing or would it never work for weight loss for those who have been on a low-carbohydrate/high-protein diet? (I tried to use my iPhone, if it didn't work, I'm going to ask from home on my regular PC, I do not have good luck using my iPhone and Facebook.)

I really think that is an important detail that should have been pointed out. I didn't somehow miss that did I? Did anyone else see anything about low-carbohydrate/high-protein diets affecting the potential outcome?

The link to his Amazon.com comment: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2SQO8JHWD2JHB/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00DVF1406#wasThisHelpful
  • BubblyBelinda
    Options
    Dr. Darden replied on the Amazon.com review:
    In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2014 3:46:37 AM PDT
    Ellington Darden says:
    People on low-carb diets for extended time periods tend to have metabolisms that are much lower than normal. I've seen some women who do not consume more than 1,000 low-carb calories a day -- and they are still excessively fat. It often takes months and months of normal, more-balanced-calorie eating to rev up sluggish systems. Thus, people who have been adhering to low-carbohydrate eating don't do well on the fat-loss part of my program. But they can certainly do the negative-accentuated training and stimulate muscular size and strength gains.
  • HarleymanTD
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I have been on the plan for a few weeks and have had solid results. I am working to incorporate all the elements of the program and Fat Bomb # 8 Social Network Connection has guided me to this forum. This will be a challenge for me as I am pretty private but I am embracing the change so here I am.

I look forward to reading all your posts and learning from all of you so please post your successes and struggles as I will attempt to do the same for you. I believe in this plan and have already seen significant changes in my body so the future looks bright. Thanks for being an inspiration and I will be pulling for all of you to make your dreams come true with the program!

All the Best,

Tom
  • adantzler01
    adantzler01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting the plan tomorro. However, I'm also training for a half marathon. It's amazing you can run 10-20 miles a week and still be overweight! Do you think the running will negatively affect my results?
  • bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    @adantzler01 it's possible... in the book in the FAQ section he addresses the question about walking for 30 mins vs running and he says no to the running. You really need the rest if you're going to do either (train for a half OR negative acc.training). Have you checked out Jeff Galloway ' s training programs? He has a minimum required to finish program where you do 3 short walking/running workouts of 30 mins per week and a long run on the weekends. I've used it w success (it's probably the least taxing marathon/half training program I've found). Perhaps an option of you want to try to do both at the same time. Probably best to concentrate on one goal at a time though. I'm the same as you, would want to do them both :) but I always end over training sick and/ or injured.