Do you have mini-goal rewards?

Options
Pipsg1rl
Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
I'm not sure how much you all have to lose or have lost, but do you give yourself "mini-goal" rewards?

For example I promised myself when I lost 10 lbs that I'd go out and get a brand new Nike Outfit.

Of course, when I got to Academy and saw the prices of Nike stuff I wound up getting some Champion Brand and Under Armor stuff instead.

I haven't lost much more since them but I can tell my shape is different. My girlfriend suggested I go out and get a haircut to accentuate my now thinner face.

What do you use or do you set mini-goal rewards?

Replies

• LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I think they are a great idea. I am just kind of cheap so I can understand the Academy experience :O)

I did not set many. At the first 20 lbs I let myself get a candied apple from Rocky Mountain. I know a food reward was bad but I love those things. My other goal was to be able to get new clothes by my vacations coming up this month. I was hoping to be down a total of 40 lbs from what I weighed in August by then and I did not make that goal but I still needed new clothes so I went anyway :O) I am about 5 lbs away from that goal and I struggled to lose since I started this program. Probably would have made it if I was more strict with my calories.

My ultimate weight goal is 120. I am 15 lbs away. I am not sure if I am going to worry as much about the scale if I stick with another round of ChaLEAN or when I get to where I like how I look but then I will go for new clothes again. I only got a few items this time to get me through vacation and the summer but did not want to spend to much when I am hoping I am at this size temporarily. Will probably also do a day at the salon too. I chopped my hair pretty short last time I got it cut and want it to grow out anyway so hopefully I can drop this by the next time I really need it cut.

I am not sure what other goals to set so I usually think of how I want to look at the next "event". Like vacation or going back home to see family. I wanted to be in the 120s for our vacations this month which like I said did not happen. I wanted to be at 120 by Christmas time when we go home to see family. Like I said though, as I get closer to goal not sure if I am going to worry about the actual scale if things are looking good. This program is bringing a different mind set for me.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    My last goal was really toward my brother's wedding. I'm older than his now wife and was asked to be a bridesmaid. You know how that goes!

My goal is also in the 120's (125). I'm 5'2 - but really I want to tone, so I'm trying not to use the number as my motivator.

But I can tell when I get on the scale right now if I had too much sodium the day before and how long it takes that to go away. It seems like this second half of the weight loss is going much, much slower.

Maybe I should set a mini-goal that when I can consistently run the treadmill intervals for 2 miles in 30 minutes or less then I get new running pants!
  • actiontime26
    actiontime26 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Mini- goals rewards are great! I should try that. I'm 5p3. My ultime goal is 130 lbs. I think if I go under that weight, I might be too skinny for my taste. I'll see anyways. I still have 17 lbs to lose. If I reward myself at each 5 lbs, I might do better. I'll think about it. Thanks for the idea :)