WEEK 4. DAY 1: WEIGH IN

Options
TWO MORE WEEKS!!

For those of you still hanging in there, congrats!! You're almost there!!

Now, with two leeks creeping up fast, it's time to kick it into high gear....

1) Start Weight/Current Weight

2) Did you make any significant changes to your routine or diet this week? Did it help your weight loss? Hurt?

3) The longer you're on a weight loss diet, the trickier weight loss is. What will you do to keep up the motivation and keep your weight loss from plateauing ?

Replies

• bambi417
    bambi417 Posts: 9
    Options
    went from 193 to 191.5 went to the gym worked out longer seeing results finally still my start weight was 189/191.5
  • xprincesspunkyxx
    xprincesspunkyxx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1) SW:250
    CW:241 Loss this week 2 lbs

2) I started working with a trainer at the gym this week. We worked on my legs and they have been so sore since then. I go back on Monday to meet with him again and hopefully work on another part of my body. Ive continued to do my cardio though and hoping to push through this pain soon.

3) I think adding the personal trainer into my journey is something that will keep me motivated. Learning new exercises to help me reach my goals and look wonderful is something i'm very excited about!
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    W3D1: 286.2
    CW: 284.4
    Loss: 1.8 pounds

I am finding that I am snacking quite a bit.
    Overall a good week though.
  • missy_girl001
    missy_girl001 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1) SW: 165 CW: 161 (down 1 lb since last week)

2) No major changes. Just trying to keep within my calorie allowance, which is relatively easy except when I eat out, and go to the gym/aquafit/yoga/etc. 5 days a week.

3) Motivation-wise: the fact that I'm heading to Hawaii in 11 days in keeping me motivated at the moment. Also the fact that I tried on some clothes that I haven't worn in a while because they were too tight, but they now fit again has been good for the motivation. But the biggest motivation is that I love working out again. It feels good. The watching what I put in my mouth will be the bigger struggle.
  • ProjectCali
    ProjectCali Posts: 24
    Options
    1) 170/160
    I lost 5lbs this week. FINALLY back to (as least) a comfortable weight.

2) I did a detox diet this week that consisted of consuming nothing but 6 juices (prepared every day by a local organic juice bar) a day for 5 days. A diet of about 900-1200 calories a day. SO glad I did it. Just hoping it wasn't all water weight that I lost.

3) The detox definitely helped me get over that hump of really wanting to feel full and eat tasty food to a place where I just want to consume what I need to feel good (inside and out). I'm just praying it sticks. It sucks how we develop this fear of regaining. That's the part of me that's my own worst enemy... that fear always takes over and it becomes inevitable. I am stronger than that... I deserve to be the best me. I won't give in! ;)

GREAT JOB EVERYBODY!!
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    247/244 so only a half pound down

the only thing different I really did was start paying better attention to my logging, as I has started to seriously slide - and the results are very clearly slowing in the numbers

I know just redoubling my efforts will get me back in gear. At my weight there is no reason why at least another 20 pounds or so shouldn't be pretty much sliding off of me if I do this correctly. I assume of course that it will get harder as I go, I think I would like to add some lifting little further down the line to help distribute things as I go.
  • greensmoothie007
    greensmoothie007 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm up from 122 to 124lb but I'm pretty sure it is water weight.

I had a rough weekend bc of the endless family celebrations this weekend. I know the 2 pounds should fall off and hopefully next Mon I will weigh in at 121.
  • mlm5537
    mlm5537 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    SW: 154.2 (last week) CW: 152.6 Loss: 1.6 pounds this week.

There must be something about weighing in on Mondays that is a problem for me... Yesterday (Sunday) I weighed myself in at 150.4 which was the bottom of a steady decline all week... I didn't do GREAT eating Sunday evening, but I didn't do terrible. Not two pounds in one day terrible! I was about 400 calories over my 1200 goal, so not as much of a deficit, but still a deficit... I burn about 1850 calories a day just sitting here, AND I did over two hours of cardio this weekend.

So once again I'm confused. And a little frustrated. I had the same issue last week. Weighed 152.4 Sunday and 154.2 Monday. I made sure to drink plenty of water this weekend, because I thought maybe that was the issue after last weekend. I don't weigh my food, because I don't have a kitchen scale, and I think my roommates would really think I had gone off the deep end. But I do measure my food, and count out the things that I can.

I guess I should be grateful that I am losing, even with the crazy weigh-ins, it is just frustrating.

EDIT: Or maybe I need a new (more reliable) scale! What kind of scale do you all use? Mine is a cheapy ($10, I think) from Bed Bath and Beyond.
  • lwynd002
    lwynd002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    1) 144 lbs/ 142.4 lbs--I gained a little bit from last week, but I think it is water weight because I hardly drank any water this weekend and I seemed really dehydrated as well (low urine output). I'll step on the scale tomorrow and update.

2) I got sick later in the week possibly from food poisoning, so I fell off the wagon this weekend as I started feeling better I just wanted comfort food after not eating for 2 days. Coupling that with hardly drinking water, I think this contributed to the gained weight.

3) I visited my sisters on Saturday and just to see them smashing their fitness and weightloss goals is super motivating. I've gotta keep this up!
  • manders0523
    manders0523 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sw:232 CW:226.6 (up 5lbs this week)

The weekend killed me. Went to my friends cabin was all geared up to count calories and do great. Ended up not doing great. Fact that the cabin is under going construction we went out for a few meals. Yes I could have just had a salad and nothing more, but I was like hell I haven't had a real meal in some time. Plus drinking does not help at all. How come it is so easy to put this weight back on? Is it always going to be like this? Monday I just had a craving day. We all women know these cravings. So I hope some of the weight I did put on was just bloating.

I have gotten back to the gym yesterday. Put in an hour in and I'll do the same today. Kicking my butt in gear this week to get back on track.