Today I'm a C25K graduate!

Options
Rushgirl82
Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
Just wanted to share this for the people who are thinking about doing this, people who are into it already and wondering why, or anybody who just needs some extra motivation.

I started week 1 barely able to run for 1 minute. I even told myself I'm never gonna finish this but I'm going to go as far as I can and keep repeating weeks. Turns out as much as I struggled and gasped for air, I was always able to advance to the next week. Your endurance will improve and so will your breathing. Just try to focus on not gasping. It helps!
I panicked when week 5 day 3 came around as that jumps from 8 minutes to 20 minutes straight! Guess what? I ran for 25 minutes!
That day kept me going through the rest of this program! I'm hear to tell you you can do this! If I can, you can too!

The only advice I can give really, and of course this is my own preference, is to run outdoors. When the run times started to increase the more I felt like I was dying and kept watching the clock, which made time just drag. Outdoors I knew when I was getting close to the end and knew not to even bother looking at the clock any sooner. This helped me a lot. Outdoors you can slow down a lot easier too without having to play around with buttons.

Anyways, I don't want to ramble. I just want to help inspire and motivate anyone questioning this program to keep it up. It's doable! Repeat weeks if necessary. Just keep moving! Good luck!

Amanda

Replies