Week 2 check in

Options
DAM5412
DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
Hey, how is everybody doing with the second week? We had a lot of posters during week one, so where did everyone go?

I did day 3 of week two this morning and it kills my shoulders. I am really struggling through it, but keep going, even if I'm hanging with Natalie instead of Jillian, and Shelly would just kick my @ss.

Happy Monday peeps!

Replies

• hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    i am doing day 2 of week 2 tonight...it kills my shoulders too! i am only using 5lbs weights so far this week bc I don't want to hurt them. I am not a fan of this week tho and wish it was over already. haha
  • tmjdunn
    tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have done 3 days of week 2 and took today to just do a walking workout. I have actually found that I need to go get some heavier weights as I only have 3 pounders and i am finally getting the upper body strength to bump up. Crow pushups kill me, but I always feel so strong when I get done with them. I am also doing a lot of modified moves...especially the pushups. I think my biggest issue with this week though is that my wrists get super sore with all of the floor work in this week. Overall though i am really enjoying this one a lot.
  • educatyion
    educatyion Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of week 2 for me. It was easier but I'm still on modified form. The table tops are the most challenging move for me. Will see if I can master that by day 5.
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Tonight will be my day 3 on workout 2. the Crow push ups are going to be the death of me. I also find the palms of my hands feel bruised from going renegade rows, I'll try using wash cloths for padding when I get to that exercise to see if that helps.
  • EmiDeeDoo
    EmiDeeDoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Attempted week2, just to see how it was, and the moves were too complicated for me to coordinate. I'm really awful at doing two things at once, my limbs start going in every which direction and I get all frazzled.

Decided to go back to week1, where I don't start flinging my arms and legs across the room during the warm ups.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started ahead of most of you....but I didn't work out sat-mon.....so I am on day 6 of week 2. My wrists hurt and all the things (crow push ups, renegade rows, table tops) are all difficult to do but I pretty much use 5lb wts and do modified exercises. I will workout thru the end of the week and start week 3 next monday.
  • alieneating
    Options
    Week 2 is annoying! I can't do the crow pushup so I just do regular pushups. I don't get a good burn for the ab workouts so I do bicycle crunches or leg raises during that period. But I looove renegade rows! It's the epitome of strength! Week 2 is over and I should have started week 3 yesterday but I was sore sore sore from my last day of Week 2 plus an 11mi bicycle ride. Glad I checked in here though cuz its been a while and though I felt like I was losing my motivatuon, I'm now going to start day 1 of week 3! Thanks ladies!
  • educatyion
    Options
    Day 3 and getting better with the mat activities. Enjoy your day all!
  • scole1008
    scole1008 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a little ahead of the group, I just did level 3 yesterday for the first time, wow it was hard. I feel this video is much harder than 30 day shred!
  • TurboTam
    Options
    I finished day 3 of workout 2 this morning. I had planned on doing it last night but the weather was so nice I ran bleachers with my daughter instead. I just want to get my week in so I can move on. I'll probably be saying this until it's over! LOL I like the changes in my body so I shouldn't complain too much!
  • beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have had all kinds of breaks within the past 1.5 weeks due to travel and had to make due with what I could while away from the comforts of my home. I completed day 4 of week 2 today after a two day break and just feel so wiped out from this workout still. I burned a little less than I usually do so I am not sure what to make of it other than I was not pushing as hard as I could (although I did move up to 10lb weights for some of the exercises). I am undecided on whether or not to spend a few extra days on week 2. I will see after tomorrow's workout.
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Still working on week one here...took a few days off to help my neck recover. I have osteoarthritis in my neck and have been out of alignment and in a lot of pain the last few days. Went to see my chiropractor yesterday and again in the morning and I should hopefully be able to move on to week 2 tomorrow. Did one again today and it seemed easier so I think I am ready for these scary crow push ups and other crazy moves you all keep talking about!
  • thanson563
    thanson563 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm so far behind. I've missed a ton of time. I think I've only made it through Level One 4 or 5 times. The idea of Level Two terrifies me.

I have started alternating with C25K. I'm hoping that will help.
  • fowlerly
    fowlerly Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    UGHH I hate week 2!! I thought week 1 was easy but I'm looking forward to finishing this week!!
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am behind.. only on week 1 day 5 today! My daughter's 1st bday party took up all of my time.. plus I had a lot of gardening outdoors that took all my energy away :) I am not giving up and will keep pushing through! I am scared hearing of all the horrors of level 2... But I remember last month doing the 30 DS how everything will eventually be manageable :)
  • tmjdunn
    tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Did Wk2D4 today and it is getting easier. I still hate the first carido circuit and will be very happy when I no longer have to do plank jacks and mountain climbers. I took a day off from all workouts yesterday and I think that helped as my wrists were less angry with me today. I really need to get my but to the store and grab some heavier weights though. My 3 pounders are just feeling too light. Excited to see what next week is going to bring.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Impressive ladies! What I'm reading is that no one finds it easy, but everyone is doing their best...and isn't that what Jillian wants?

Happy hump day!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agree...I think that even if you skip a few days, start right back up where you left off. It does get easier (especially past day 3 of whatever week you are on) . I haven't even peeked at week 3 yet. Maybe that's for the best. I will attempt it no matter how hard :-) I plan to start week 3 on Monday of next week. Great job to everyone!!! Keep it up!
  • educatyion
    Options
    Week 2 day 4 complete! It is getting easier--there's something about passing day 3 that gets my body accustomed to her madness. Enjoy your day all!
  • TurboTam
    Options
    Week 2 Day 5 completed this morning. I upped my weights and holy cow, I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest! Sweat was dripping off my face. I love it! But I'm still wanting to just move on! :) Great job everyone! This is a very hard workout!