Weekend 5/9 - 5/11

Options
KMasz
KMasz Posts: 2,661 Member
Good Morning Everyone!!

How was your weekend? I hope everyone had a splendid Mother's day! My family is going to be celebrating Mother's Day next weekend, so not much went on as far as that goes.

Friday night I went to a banquet dinner for the NRA (proceeds benefiting gun education), I probably ate a bit too much as it was a buffet style dinner... but all the food was soo good! I'm just glad (lucky, really) they didn't have an unlimited desert buffet as well! :laugh:

Saturday I went for a 5.25 mile run! I recorded my pace and reached a new high score of 7:45 min/mile!! Back in November I was only doing about 10 min/mile, so this is a HUGE improvement! Yesterday, I went fishing! It was wonderful and relaxing... but I got a bit too much sun... whoops :blushing:

I was a bit over on my calories both days, but not by a whole lot. I did track everything I ate/drank and I drank a ton of water! Overall, it was a good weekend! =) Tell me about yours!

Replies

• shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I had a great weekend as well. I got to enjoy the beautiful weather we're getting here in the northeast.

On Sunday I got in my longest bike ride to date (not surprising since I just started biking 2 weeks ago). I did a 25 mile ride from Brooklyn to Manhattan over the Brooklyn Bridge and back through the Manhattan Bridge. I got to feel like a tourist in my hometown. I experienced the Brooklyn Bridge, West Side Greenway, saw the intrepid up close, rode down Broadway through Times Square and many more sites. After that we took the kids to the beach where we met my in-laws and some of the cousins. We finished with a Mother's Day BBQ at my In-laws place.

My intake was higher than average but considering the 1800+ calorie burn from my bike ride, it was well within the allowed range.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    When you have three boys (grades 9, 7, 6) that are by definition, thoughtless, then Mother's Day becomes a high risk day that must be managed by dad in order to survive. I cleaned like a mad man, did laundry, cooked, did yard work, and ensured the boys went shopping for gifts. I survived as did they. I didn't log the domestic workouts, just the normal workouts at the Y. Since my last weigh in I've been sitting on my laurels a bit--making two birthday cakes this week end (two of the boys had birthdays this weekend too) involved licking bowls and tasting frosting not to mention eating a piece of cake. Nothing catastrophic so far but I may bounce this week a bit.

All in all it was a good weekend but a bike ride over the Brooklyn bridge would have been more fun.
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I did OK this weekend. I was active and my eating was fine, although my calories from fat on Mother's Day was ridiculous. I still gained a few lbs, but I've lost 12 lbs in the last two weeks, so some bounce back was inevitable. Maybe I can get back to no change by Friday.
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I had a good weekend. Nice, relaxing Mother's Day. I went to a baby shower on Saturday and managed to stay completely away from the Cupcake tree and snack table so I was proud of myself, however, when picking up some chocolate covered strawberries for Mom, I had them add a couple in for me! Oh.. SO VERY GOOD!!! And then a big, Italian Mother's Day dinner at my Mom's on Sunday, I kept my portions just slightly over "normal" LOL but I made sure and hit my workouts on both days and today I'm doing a double! I'm not as brave as some of you, I'm not going near my scale until at least Thursday! :noway:
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Had a nice mother's day at the beach. Son and daughter sent flowers and called. Relaxing!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    My daughter's birthday was the 9th. Took her out and made her a cake. I actually had her on Mother's Day in 2004. She is 10 now :bigsmile:

On Mother's Day my boyfriend and kids lavished all the love on me. My boyfriend took me out for the day to Coney Island. Walked around on the boardwalk and enjoyed the peace. Then he took me out to dinner. My kids got me a huge balloon and some other things. :heart:
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I got a 4 day weekend Thu-Sun which was awesome. Thursday I went to lunch with some friends I don't get to visit with very often with our schedules. Thursday afternoon I did my strength training workout. Then Thursday night the family and I went out to dinner and played Bingo. I tried to eat relatively healthy at both restaurants.

Friday I spent most of the day deep cleaning the house after getting back from a 9am Body Pump class as we were having a dinner party Saturday night.

Saturday we finished up deep cleaning the house and had a wonderful dinner party. I ate the scrumptious food my hubby cooked and drank more than one glass of wine.

Sunday I had to pick up my oldest from his dad's and we picked up some delicious donuts/fried glazed croissants to have with our omelets. Sunday was mainly relaxing around the house, but I did get to the gym in the late afternoon for my strength training workout. My kids got me a card and some flowers for Mother's Day.