Dairy

Options
To Dairy or not to Dairy?
Right now my dairy consists of:
1 TBSP heavy whipping cream in coffee
(plus whipped whipped cream on top some days)
1oz cheddar on breakfast scramble
sometimes 1 oz cheddar in salad
cream cheese for snacks/desserts

I won't cut it out until my groceries are eaten, so it would be next week I would start "dairy free" if it Is recommended. Sadly, it's one of my only "treats".

Replies

• catawampushalo
    catawampushalo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you aren't stalling, then I would say keep the dairy!
  • GinaLivinLaKetoLoco
    GinaLivinLaKetoLoco Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was stalled and switched over to raw unpasteurized unhomogenized cream and Kerry Gold cultured grass feed butter, and my weight is coming off at a very steady pace. Before hand it wasn't moving or going up and down up and down. I feel a zillion times better too.. I have also added psyllium husk fiber and that also helped as well. I don't even count the carbs in it and I'm still in ketosis and some days I take up to 50 grams. I read it doesn't absorb or is digested like food.. It helps pull toxins from your body as well..
  • shanniem1
    shanniem1 Posts: 35
    Options
    Awesome thank you! I think I am going to try no dairy next week. See how strict I can be :) LOL
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Like you I'm wondering if dairy is an issue. For the last 2 days I've been dairy free, using coconut milk instead of HWC in my coffee and not eating cheese. I did eat a bit of butter, to be honest I forgot it was dairy lol. I haven't noticed a difference as of yet,but Im going to give it a few days & see how it goes.
  • shanniem1
    Options
    Let me know how it goes please!
    I do really like my dairy and I don't feel I am having THAT much of it to make a difference. I did 5 wks of KETO and lost 10 lbs (when nothing else worked). Cheated ONE weekend and now I'm back at square one again. Such is life
  • lorarte
    lorarte Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on the dairy. Cheese causes allergy symptoms (itchy eyes, ears, sneezing and a sore throat) but I don't have any problems with butter or ghee. I seem also to be okay with some cream each day. I'm wondering if it's the moulds/fermentation in the cheese rather than the dairy itself for me.

I did go dairy free for about six weeks and the weight came off much faster.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Well a week with very little dairy, other than a bit of cheese, and I saw no real difference. I'm back using HWC and cheese. Why deprive myself if its not going to change anything.
  • shanniem1
    Options
    I agree - I cut the cheese out of my morning breakfast scramble and a few other places - cut back on dairy...I'm just trying to limit it to improve my skin too. BUT ITS SO GOOD LOL