best protein shakes and bars

Options
So im looking for some good protein shakes and bars for a good price and thought id ask everyone what they like along with where you can find them.

Replies

• toomanycats1975
    Options
    I use EAS Whey Protein from Wal-Mart. It tastes OK and does the job. I tried the cheaper Body Fortress stuff from Wal-Mart, and it tasted like CHALK, so I don't use that anymore. Blah! The EAS stuff tastes MUCH better, though I'd still prefer a chocolate milkshake anyday! HAHA
  • zsbackpacker
    Options
    I have two protein shakes that I love.

First is: AST Sport Science's VP2 protein shake, I am on a low carb and it is the only protein shake I can stand to drink with only water. Its expensive about 40$ dollars for 2 pounds. I get either the Citrus Splash or the Fruit Punch flavor.

Second is: Dymatize Elite 100% Whey protien. It is easier on the wallet about 23$ for 2 pounds and it goes great with milk if you get chocolate and fruit if you get vanilla.

Both of these products I have found to be cheapest at bodybuilding.com I think it is important for me to note that I have no affiliation with BB.com.

My favorite protein bar is: Pure Protein and I normally get the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor. These are reasonably priced and I've found them at my local supermarket and Costco.

I hope this helps and good luck
  • Dregg
    Dregg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My favorite shake is chocolate protein powder, PB2, oatmeal, banana, ice, and water. I use 2 scoops of muscle milk naturals chocolate (2 scoops), 1/2 TBS PB2, 1/8 cup oats, 1/2 ripe banana, 8-10 oz water, and 4-5 ice cubes. This makes a very thick chocolate/pb/banana shake.

Muscle milk can be swapped for something else due to the fat content, but I love the flavor personally and it fits into my macros daily. Macros are 40/30/30 C/P/F

415 calories, 40g carbs, 14g fats, 37g protein, 9g fiber, and 12g sugar.

As far as price goes, buying online through vitacost or amazon typically will run you 25 dollars for a 2.5 pound container. I don't recommend buying at GNC unless they have a good sale going.