NSV, Fitness Goals

Originally in Jan 2014, my goal was to lose 10 pounds of fat, not muscle. So far I've lost 5, so 5 more to go. These 5 pounds were hard to lose!!!

One of my non scale victories is to go from shirt & skirt size medium to size small. I'm excited to announce that was accomplished! Last weekend, I finally fit into a blouse & skirt I'd been sort of working towards for a year & half.

But I didn't get serious until last Feb. when I signed up with My Fitness Pal. MFP, by logging in food & exercise, forced me to see I was eating worse than I thought & being lazier than I thought. Yes, I tried to eat somewhat healthy & I did exercise a little, which was better than I had done before but it was just by my daily whims with no set goals, no accounting for my intake and output. I didn't understand what it really took to accomplish what I wanted. MFP & lots of reading about all this taught me a lot, so now I have a more efficient fitness path to my fitness goals. I learned not to let my excuses get in the way, to take small steps consistently, to push myself harder, & to include my family in fun physical activities and better nutrition.

The last couple years, I've gradually increased fitness and nutrition goals & accomplishments, as tiny as they are, and I am excited about the results so far & am motivated to get stronger, run faster & farther, lose that tiny bit of love handle still there, get totally awesome abs, & wear a Victoria Secret purple ruffle halter top bikini by the summer of 2015. Yes, I picked out, already. It's on their website. It'll be the first time I've ever worn a bikini except in the fitting rooms!

What has your fitness journey been like? What are your goals, strategies to get there, and what have you learned along the way?

Replies

• gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Great job on your NSV. For me I set my goal to 15 lbs to loose a pot belly I was getting. I fluctuate right now between and 10 and 12 lbs lost so not there yet and may adjust it later depending on how I look and feel, long as I feel healthy and I am happy with who I am I am good. MFP has defiantly showed me how poorly I was eating, not always a fun thing to see. But once you know you have the opportunity to change it. So Still working on it and remembering I did not gain the wright over night and will not loose it over night but will over time.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    I am almost at 125 and not sure if I will ever see it?

My prom dress fits,I am a small (7/8) I feel great and run like the wind.

My goal is to keep moving and never give up, this is a life time deal.
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    My goals are almost entirely NSV because I lose weight so damn slow. My goals right now...because I went off track for a bit ...are to:
    hike 25 miles this month
    walk for at least 30 minutes every day
    reach out to one new person every day
    get out in the sun for at least 30 minutes each day
    stock my fridge with fruits and veggies so I can eat healthy every day
    and...LOG MY FOOD
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    This winter was brutal and i cut down on activity which contributed to my weight gain. I knew I had to get back on track with exercise and good eating. Currently I exercise 4-5x a week (classes, bicycling to work, occasional run). My goals this year (before I hit 45) are:

1. Run another 10 mile race and Philly half marathon
    2. Bicycle more.
    3. Lose 10-15 lbs. by the New year's.
    4. Increase strength training. Currently training twice a week but now I'm thinking about 5x a week if I have time.
    5. Just feel good about myself.
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Had 1 of my best NSV over the weekend. Had some friends over to the house to go fishing and with the warmer weather I was in shorts. 1 of my friend commented on how toned and cut my legs are now. I have always though my legs were fairly toned but when people you know point it out and you can tell they are impressed, well makes ya feel good. :happy: