How do you cope

Options
I'm looking for some coping skills because I'm going to try to get a new job and it terrifies me! I really don't want to have to get on any more medication than I have to because I hope to get pregnant here in the next year or two. I have been working for family, and really they are the only IRL people I have interacted with other than doctors for a while, so I was wondering if anyone had some advice on how to put myself out there with out taking every comment (or look) so personally, and just chill out.

I'm already exercising out in the delicious sunlight for the seratonine and vit D.
I've take some "me time" for either arts or video games.
I try to do positive self talk but that is a work in progress and most of the time I just end up counting to 100 to avoid thinking negative stuff that I know "isn't true"

Replies

• ceemaw
    ceemaw Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    this might sound silly, but one thing i fall back on when i have to put myself in situations which could easily throw me into a panic is to pretend i'm an actor and i'm auditioning for or playing a role (such as, "confident woman being interviewed" or whatever). i don't know why, but it has really helped me over the years to pretend i'm someone other than myself to get through stuff like that. when there's time, i imagine beforehand how the ideal character would act in that particular situation, then i try to be that person temporarily. i then give myself permission to have a freak-out later as needed. ;) good luck - remind yourself of all the things you're capable of, then do your best to show that side of yourself to the world (or potential employer, or whomever).
  • madambutterfly91
    madambutterfly91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's not silly at all, I can do that for an interview or once deal things. It is really once I get the job or even join a group ( such as taking a class or anything with clos interactions with more than a couple people) that I start having issues. I start wear out after a couple days ( occasionally weeks depending on how frequent and demanding). Seeing as I'm already tired all the time I can really foresee that being an issues fairly early on >.>